By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 can handle MGS4, says Microsoft

Come on. An Ms exec is going to say what ever it takes to make it look as if the 360 can do what ever the PS3 can do, its his job.

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

Around the Network

how the hell would he know?

Sardauk said:

Of course it can handle it no problem. Question is -> at what development price ...

"OOh but noooo, you need da blue rayyy thingy ..."

I have a software architecture proposition : The advantage of the BR only helps in storing the massive amount of FMW (...) why not releasing MGS4 on a single DVD (like every other games) and stream the cutscenes via XBLA ?

This way people with slow connections would enjoy the game as a thorn in the ass

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I don't give a damn whether or not the 360 can or can't handle it. Get your own 3rd party games MS.

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

Anything is possible if people want a poorly ported watered-down version. Like Dead Rising for the Wii lol

Around the Network

so where's the Konami Janitor saying MGS4 coming to 360?

It's unlikely that a X360 port of MGS4 would suffer at all.

After all, MGS4 requires mandatory installations after each chapter - which would point to me that the game was previously broken down, and could be, for DVDs - even if it was a DVD a chapter.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
It's unlikely that a X360 port of MGS4 would suffer at all.

After all, MGS4 requires mandatory installations after each chapter - which would point to me that the game was previously broken down, and could be, for DVDs - even if it was a DVD a chapter.

what i don't get is how you came to that conslusion.

this game was built around the ps3's strengths. there would have to be sacrifices in order to work, because the 360 doesn't have all the strengths the ps3 does. i honestly think mgs4 would struggle on the 360 unless they redesign it.

Skeeuk said:
an action game on multiple dvd`s is a joke.

Yeah, imagine having to wait a bit between acts.

Oh!

Teehee.

lol I'm loving the damage control

Did everyone forget MGS4 had multiple installs? I think people would be ok with getting up and switching dvd's once. Were not that lazy as a society yet, at least I hope not...

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers