By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft undercuts Wii value with $20 Xbox 360 HDD promo

Still a gimped console that nobody wants.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Around the Network
scat398 said:
I still find it strange that anyone finds value in the Xbox360 and the PS3 in the first place. Other than when my 15 year old nephew comes to visit, it sits like a paper weight collecting dust.

If we are going to have discussion on value lets at least keep it to the machine that actually provide it.

Fixed using your absurd logic and "personal opinion".

Bobbuffalo said:
scat398 said:
I still find it strange that anyone finds value in the Xbox360 and the PS3 in the first place. Other than when my 15 year old nephew comes to visit, it sits like a paper weight collecting dust.

If we are going to have discussion on value lets at least keep it to the machine that actually provide it.

If you disagree with me that is fine, and clearly many people who have purchased the Wii do.  But lets keep it to a friendly discussion.  My logic isn't absurd, in fact all I did was state an observation that my Wii collects dust until my 5 year old nephew comes over. 

We all have an opinion and I was explaining mine.  I'll give some more examples to help.  I've played Galaxy, Twilight, , brawl, and of course wii sports.  I found all of them to be very lacking and alot of that had to do with the motion controls, I think if I went out and picked up a classic controller I might enjoy them more, but that would be more money spent on games that after playing on HD consoles feel unfinished. 

I'd be interested in knowing your thoughts on the Wii or other peoples thoughts for that matter.

MS is offering the drive cause the new Xbox experience needs RAM, I always said it was a mistake for MS to offer a model without a HD. I am kind of ticked I own 2 360's both older with the 20gb hard drive and I didnt pay $20.00 I should be able to upgrade my 20gb to 60gb for $20.00

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Jo21 said:
its refurbished.

It's $20.

Around the Network

Yeah either a free 512mb card or a 20gb hard drive for $20.00 if you are an arcade owner, that is a deal and a half

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

scat398 said:
Bobbuffalo said:
scat398 said:

If you disagree with me that is fine, and clearly many people who have purchased the Wii do.  But lets keep it to a friendly discussion.  My logic isn't absurd, in fact all I did was state an observation that my Wii collects dust until my 5 year old nephew comes over. 

We all have an opinion and I was explaining mine.  I'll give some more examples to help.  I've played Galaxy, Twilight, , brawl, and of course wii sports.  I found all of them to be very lacking and alot of that had to do with the motion controls, I think if I went out and picked up a classic controller I might enjoy them more, but that would be more money spent on games that after playing on HD consoles feel unfinished. 

I'd be interested in knowing your thoughts on the Wii or other peoples thoughts for that matter.

That's funny..that's exactly how I feel towards Metal gear solid 4, grand theft auto 4, Devil may cry 4 and Gears of war..and yet I wouldn't ever say such a dumb thing like those machines doesn't had a value.

Unfinished? So according to you if the game doesn't play with a controller with 20 buttons and 100 sticks is incomplete?

You hardkorez are funny.

This essentially amounts to MS giving away HDDs to Arcade/Core owners, which could mean either MS has a ton of 20GB drives that can no longer be sold with the upcoming 60GB starter packs, or that the upcoming 360 reboot will require an HDD for more standard functions. Maybe both.

If the Arcade SKU is to be continued, now would be the time to buy one with this promo as once the 20GB drives are gone, the options are stick with a function limited 360 or buy a 60GB starter kit for $99, which is actually not a horrible deal considering it comes with a headset and 3 month XBL card.

As for the deal stealing any sales from the Wii; not likely. It has nothing to do with value as consumers will buy what they want. If they're looking at Wii Sports, Wii Fit, etc. you're buying a Wii regardless of price.