By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - OMG Hudson making a horror Wii game for the Wii "the calling" :O

No, I just mean when you actually reach out for something. I'd have to watch the video again to look for some specific examples but when opening the drawers or putting your hand under the bed, it would just be scarier if you felt like your hand was actually going under the bed instead of the icon.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

Around the Network
Baddman said:
hey man those videos aren't up anymore is there somewhere else i can see them?

Told you the videos will be deleted. Which means theyre really making this game and not a full playable mock up demo like project HAMMER this will be good! :D

This being deleted was as good as being confirmed!

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

BAH, I guess I was late for the videos >_

But it was fun watching the videos while listening to songs by "The Calling".

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

The footage wasn't stolen. I know the guy who first published the vids. He simply found it on a PR site for Hudson.

Typically anything on a PR site is free to the press because that's the point. Apparently this footage wasn't supposed to be uploaded to it yet.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

I just want golden sun Wii. =/

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

famousringo said:
coasterlove said:
Thanks celine. The preview looks creepy. One thing that bugged me and hopefully would be changed is the hand on the screen. I think it would be more effective if it was your "own hand" reaching for stuff instead of a little hand icon. Other than that, it looks very good. I'm not sure how it will do outside Japan because right now, it does look centered in Japanese culture and there haven't been many games like that that have done well outside Japan.

I like the way you think, but wouldn't it be kinda weird if your avatar was walking around with his hand in front of him all the time? Maybe it would help him blend in with the zombies...

The pointer only turned in to an icon when there were things the character could grab (like drawers). So normally his arm wouldn't be sticking out. It could be like when Samus is in her ship, with the arm reaching out to decide what to grab. Or even if they kept the icon style, but once you selected something, they'd reach out with their arm to open it (which would keep it consistent, since that video showed the player's arm reaching out to go under the bed).

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

dib8rman said:
I just want golden sun Wii. =/

But that's by Camelot, not Hudson. So that's irrelevant to the thread.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Looks like all those sales from Deca Sporta paid off, now they can make a real game :p

Camelot or Hudson doesn't make much of a difference though I knew that Hudson didn't make it I didn't know Camelot did. >.> Actually I forgot Camelot did. However in the end a new Golden Sun being announced already could of prevented the heart-ache caused by my post above. ;)

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D