By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Dow Back Down by around 750 Today

There was a smaller drop yesterday.  Both of those drops have pretty much erased any Monday gains.  Thus, we are about back where we were last week.  Not really a surprise, because even positive volatility is still volatility.  And the market hates volatility.

8,577.91  -733.08 -7.87%

Previous Close 9,310.99 Volume 374.35 Mil
Open 9,301.91 52 Week High 14,118.52
Day's High 9,308.76 52 Week Low 7,882.51
Day's Low 8,530.12

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

well, according to ad above the submission form, I just won a new laptop, so I'm good. ;)

OT: not cool. I guess this IS a recession. Wonder how long it will last....

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

glap I bailed out Monday afternoon : ). Will buy back in Friday.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Japan is looking even worse. Nikkei is down 9.5%. Scary times.

Aw crap, Dow is down another $322 at $8255. I have a bad feeling we're going to retest the lows.

Around the Network

jeese, it's almost in the 7,000s that ridiculous. When was the last time the Dow was in the 7,000s?

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Last week it was briefly at 7800.

It's going down fast, and we're not even at the final hour of trading... The final hour has been really bad for the indexes lately, it seems people get more doomerish when the market is about to close (either that or it's mostly computers trading until then).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

well before last week I mean. It looks like it could stay in the 7,000 for longer this time. How low will it go I wonder?

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Looks like it's starting to come back but who knows, anything can happen these days.