By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 Just Gained Another Million Seller!

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed marks the 44th Million Seller for the xbox 360, How many more do you think it can get before Jan 1st 09?

I think these have a 95%+ chance of hitting a million.

45) Fable 2

46) Gears of War 2

47) Fallout 3

48) Call of Duty 5

49) Far Cry 2

50) Saints Row 2 (1st one did nearly 2 Million)

51) Need for Speed: Undercover (Carbon, Most Wanted, Pro Street all did around 1.4 Million)

52) Guitar Hero: World Tour

53) Rock Band 2

54) Smackdown vs. Raw 2009

55) Fifa 09

56) Battlefield: Bad Company

57) Kung Fu Panda (Now Bundled)

58) Lego Indiana Jones (Now Bundled)

59) Soul Calibur 4

60) The Simpsons Game (Been out 50 weeks, had extrodinary legs, 57k to go selling 6.5k this week)

So its pretty much set in stone the 360 will have at least 60 Million sellers by jan 1st 09

I think these games stand some sort of chance

61) Mercenaries 2 (These sort of games have good legs, maybe the holiday will provide it with a healthy boost, then again it might get lost in amongst L4D and Gears 2)

62) Left 4 Dead (In my head this will hit a million pretty fast but to be on the safe side I wont list it as a lock)

63) Ninja Gaiden 2 (Its just about to hit 750k, if it gets a nice boost over christmas It might just do it, it will hit a million eventually though)

64) Lego Star Wars 2 (Its been off the top 50 for ages but its still creeping up, 960k right now)

65) Tomb Raider Underworld (Legend did 680k, this stands a chance to hit a million)

66) Red Alert 3 (Shame this doesnt hit after Halo Wars to proove an RTS can play on a console, I'm assuming Halo Wars will do that :P, This will sell better on the PC but seen as the PS3 version has been put on hold its an exclusive to consoles, Tiberium Wars did just over half a mill, and its Red Alert!!!)

67) Prince of Persia (This could go either way)

68) Scene It Box Office Smash (The 1st did 660k without Others numbers/ In fact I'm pretty sure if we had others numbers the 1st would be over a million)

69) Banjo Kazooie 3 (I would love this to be a shoe in and I think it will do big numbers, not 100% sure though)

70) Mirrors Edge (Stands a chance)

71) Lips (Should be pretty big in europe, especially the UK, actually thinking of picking this up myself)

72) PES 2009 (Bundled in Europe)

73) The Last Remnant (JRPGs can do well, look at LO, this is getting a worldwide simiultanous release near the christmas period)

74) Tom Clancys EndWar (Usually games with Tom Clancy in the title never sell less than a million)

75) Dead Space (This game seems to have come from nowhere but its practically AAA)

76) James Bond: QOS ( Just announced its being bundled)

A few of those games might fail miserably, but then there are some sleeper hits that are completly off the radar, the 360 stands a solid chance of going past 70 Million sellers this christmas, as absurd as it sounds!

Around the Network

it's good that you put more info in here because there was already a thread about star wars hitting a million.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

i think you're right that many of those will hit a million but many of those won't reach it by jan 09.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Interesting thread and do you have a good reason why you are not following the debate =p?

And you forgot some games like PES.

Around the Network

Pretty much guaranteed to hit a million
Fable 2, Gears of War 2, Fallout 3, Call of Duty 5, Far Cry 2, Saints Row 2, Need for Speed: Undercover , lego star wars 2

Great chance to:
Prince of Persia, Banjo Kazooi ($40.00 price tag), left 4 daed, ninja Gaiden 2, Mercenaries 2, guitar hero and Rock band

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

I think than left4dead and prince of persia will be million sellers (assasins creed did more than 3 millions) and prince must be better game.

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

I think L4Dead will reach a million pretty fast, considering its from Valve.

Did you count Ninja Gaiden because VG has it less than a million but it official sold a million a couple months ago

i think alot of those games could reach 2 million.