By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Fei-Hung said:
Wow , consoles sales are up early tis week for NA usually i gotta wait until sunday to view them :)

1) the wii is doing amazing and I'm glad they are. From the old school games makers, they are the only one still alive since Sega was knocked out. I'm also glad since Cliff the "know it all" belinsky (or however it is u spell his name) had written of the wii and had nothing decent to say about it during pre next gen console launch conferences. Take that Cliffy B and anyone else who doubted the wii.

2) good to see the 360 is still keeping up the lead with the ps3 and lets hope it can keep it up for the reminder of the year against the ps3. After all, if they don't sell at this price, when will they ever sell?

3) happy to see the ps3 is still managing to fight the 360 off. Even at double the cost it is shifting decent figures. This must hurt MS some what. To put things in perspective; if the PS3 was at a similar price range, what difference would it make to 360 sales?

4) How will MS take the console sales since they havent been able to take of bite of the Wii market and how do they feel about the ps3 still selling decent figures at its price.

5) Wonder what will happen if the PS3 does drop price prior to xmas hols or early next year before the release of KZ2. One price drop has caused PS3 sales to surpass 360 for almost the entire year. This must be a worrying factor for MS. After all, MS dropping the price of the 360 was not just for increased sales on a short term perspective, but possibly hurting Sony sales on the PS3 in a long term and at the moment it doesn't seem to have worked much. For fanboys, yes, but for MS i dont think so.

These holidays will really be interesting and I do hope Sony do offer a small price cut or something of a decent bundle or they may lose out big during the xmas hols. That will be a big kick in the kahoolas for them. If they dont drop their price, it would possibly mean they are expecting the release of LBP and R2 to shift consoles instead.

While M$ won't say it...I think they have conceded to Wii...but I DO believe the price of the 360 will start having an effect, once the holiday shopping begins...$50 is alot of money, when shopping for gifts.  Next week, with Fable 2's launch, it's going to be interesting to see how the 360 performs.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network
starcraft said:
darthdevidem01 said:
I agree with your comments

360 only outsold PS3 25K this week WW

Two months ago you would never have thought those words would come out of your mouth.

12 months ago you would never have thought that 360 beating PS3 would be news

Next week or week after, LBP should push Xbox sales down to spot 3 while it takes spot 2.

Believe it!

Oh... when I said next week... I mean next next week. First week of November results.

Sig updated.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Sig updated.

mine too

Around the Network

It's going to be a long hard road for the PS3 come November and beyond.

A great week for all the Wii doubters - this is reality smacking them in the face. It shows that the supply issues are very real, as not many Wii games came out, yet the numbers skyrocketed from last week. With so many consecutive low weeks, I expected this to happen sooner or later.

As for the HD consoles - the next few weeks are absolutely crucial for the PS3. It's all on the shoulders of Sackboy, and if he can't pull it off, consider Squilliam's prediction soon to become reality.

@illuminatus: That popultation pyramid is just rough, man. Kinda depressing imagining the impact population issues will bring about...

I'm not going to predict that Fable 2 will outsell LBP next week, but looking at Amazon (which btw, has consistently had PS3 bundles in the top 25, and 360's not), LBP is #3 on the list...and Fable 2 first at #6...but it's very deceiving, since Fable is sitting at #8 as well...so it's a matter of what's separating them, and there is no way to know that. My gut tells me Fable 2 is going to shock people, as it's been overlooked in the past couple of months, and rightfully so, as Fable didn't live up to the hype. I ALSO think Fable 2 is going to play VERY strongly overseas in Europe, and that might provide some surprises...i could be wrong, and fable 2 could falter and fail to reach the 3 million sales of the last game, but I doubt it.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Numbers are fast this week, thanks for the hard work ioi.

Wii - Dominates all!
360 - Holding strong and pimpslappin da haters!
PS3 - Doing good.
PS2 - Always impresses!

i heard wii was a fad.