By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone knows of ways to play NTSC games on PAL NES and SNES?

Title says all:

Anyone knows of ways to play NTSC games on PAL NES and SNES?

Around the Network

it´s so frustrating that I will not be able to play mario rpg...so I guess the day I want to play that game, I just get a NTSC SNES!
Do you know what the name for that adapter is? So i can search for it?

I don´t have a Wii, but I really want one, so maybe I gather up some money and buy one...but It´s still so expensive!

Is it possible to open the NES and cut the region cable or something?
I read it somewhere, but I have no idea how to do it, do anyone here know if this is possible?

Hony Bee Converter!!!

Is still have one.. broke 3 of them...

FC>NES

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

I have been reading a bit about that thing (the honeybee) But I don´t understand what it do!

sennaho said:
I have been reading a bit about that thing (the honeybee) But I don´t understand what it do!

It stacks JAP FAMICOM (JAP NES) Games up the unit & so it's playable on the NES

The Famicom games are smaller and had less pins.. the Honeybee made it possible to play them:

Ok, so that makes me play the Japanese NES games, but do you know how to play the NTSC NES games? (the american ones)

And how can I mod the NES?
I found a modded nes on a website I´m maybe gonna get, but If I could do it myself to one of my NES consoles it would be easier and cheaper!

Hmmm the Amercan ones.. don't remember exactly.. I was like 8 when I had mine modded.. Waaay to long ago.. sorry can't help you with how to do it yourself...

The adaptor for the PAL SNES doesn't work with the ending of FFIII US (=FFVI japan).
But with the remakes, perhaps that's not a problem anymore.