By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Hit With California Class Action Lawsuit For Xbox 360 Failures

Jo21 said:
Onyxmeth said:

If these people want refunds then does that mean they'll be sending their 360's back to Microsoft? Also I don't even see where this is only for people with 360's with hardware failures. It just looks like they're encouraging anyone to grab a refund.

yes, they return the 360 and get 100% their money back.

I think this is good policy. Nintendo and Sony should join in on this. It's like a rental...but free.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
Jo21 said:
Onyxmeth said:

If these people want refunds then does that mean they'll be sending their 360's back to Microsoft? Also I don't even see where this is only for people with 360's with hardware failures. It just looks like they're encouraging anyone to grab a refund.

I think this is good policy. Nintendo and Sony should join in on this. It's like a rental...but free.

it would be awesome if we could do that with all the games as well.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
Onyxmeth said:
Jo21 said:
Onyxmeth said:

I would definitely take advantage of this with my copy of Monster Madness. What a horrible, horrible retched game.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Haha serves them right if ya ask me. Companies that make products that have multiple failures in this day and age is negligence and they should be brought upon lawsuits for something that was probably put on market knowing this would happen.

this is stupid, the only outcome that will happen from this is the judge will do is throw the case out. just a stupid waste of time.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
this is stupid, the only outcome that will happen from this is the judge will do is throw the case out. just a stupid waste of time.

or MS will settle...

i still got my bricked 360 !!!! hurray for justice!!!!

bump

Onyxmeth said:
MrBubbles said:
Onyxmeth said:
Jo21 said:
Onyxmeth said:

I would definitely take advantage of this with my copy of Monster Madness. What a horrible, horrible retched game.

m$ doesn't do that yet, but the lawsuit will force them do that,

There is no video-game console lemon law that I'm aware of, so unless MS refuses to replace the units as they break, this suit is going nowhere. If the CA AG filed suit, it *might* have a chance of being effective, but then it would only apply to CA residents.

I'm sure this attorney is hoping that MS will start to sweat and settle, but I doubt it... they're not stupid, i.e. - they know there isn't any law that forces them to provide refunds instead of performing repairs.