By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Just got my Okami replacement covers

Yup, after how long? Like six months? Clearly wasn't that high a priority, was it, Capcom? Geez.

Anybody else get theirs yet?

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

LOL six months!

Did you even remember asking for them?

Yup, I remember it rather well, actually. Although, I'd completely forgotten that I was waiting for 'em.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Why did you need any in the first place?

http://kotaku.com/381846/ign-watermark-in-okami-cover-art

Basically, the designers of the original cover took a promo picture for Okami off of IGN (probably couldn't get the original from Capcom themselves, so they just hunted one down on the Internet), didn't remove the IGN watermark, and the final cover turned out as an accidental advertisement for IGN.

So, after the game's release, people noticed it, and it spread like wildfire across the Internet. In response, Capcom offered owners replacement covers. I didn't need one - I really didn't care. But they were free, so why not? I got all three.

However, there weren't three exactly. There were two, then the "third" was printed on the opposite side of the first two.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

Haha.. that's funny. I saw Okami for the Wii a cuople of days ago when I was at Toys 'r Us. I wonder if it has it? too bad I don't have a Wii.

Mine are probably going to some other apartment...

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Wait, we're actually going to get them!?

Can't wait until I get mine!

makingmusic476 said:

Seriously. I was just thinking the other day about it, and I'd decided we'll probably never get them.

Then my wife got off work today and brought in the mail, and I saw the envelope with the big "Capcom" in the corner. I knew instantly what it was and almost choked in my surprise.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:
makingmusic476 said:

Seriously. I was just thinking the other day about it, and I'd decided we'll probably never get them.

Then my wife got off work today and brought in the mail, and I saw the envelope with the big "Capcom" in the corner. I knew instantly what it was and almost choked in my surprise.

Ha.  At least I've been warned.  ^_^