By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF13 TGS 08 TRAILER --- AUDIO LEAKED!

zexen_lowe said:
konnichiwa said:
zexen_lowe said:

Snow? SNOW???
OK, it's official, Squeenix is running out of good names. I'd rather have the mistranslated names of Final Fantasy Tactics than these.

Also, I didn't know the full names of the Versus characters had been confirmed. They are Noctis Lucius Cheram and Stella Nox Fulure.

What about Cloud?

Cloud is a decent name, the full name (Cloud Strife) sound cool. Now that I made a quick mind search, I discovered that actually Square never has been a very good namer, there have been good names (Locke, Celes, Squall, Zell, Auron, Zidane, Vivi, Tidus, Sephiroth, Kuja, Edea, Sabin) and bad ones (Barret, Edgar, Strago, Amarant, Wakka, Seymour, Ultimecia, Rikku, Lulu). How come that Konami has to put more than 108 in every Suikoden and they come up with much better and original names (Lyon, Gizel, Seed, Solon Jhee, Jowy, Miakis, etc) is an interesting question

Can't tell I think for the Japanese it all sounds great.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
zexen_lowe said:

Snow? SNOW???
OK, it's official, Squeenix is running out of good names. I'd rather have the mistranslated names of Final Fantasy Tactics than these.

Also, I didn't know the full names of the Versus characters had been confirmed. They are Noctis Lucius Cheram and Stella Nox Fulure.

Nox is in Stella's name? I remember when they announced Noctis's name you thought Nox would be better. Looks like you got your wish...but instead of Noctis, Stella has Nox in here name :P Their middle and last names are pretty cool. First name not so muh though.

I'm confused...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Soriku said:
zexen_lowe said:

Snow? SNOW???

Nox is in Stella's name? I remember when they announced Noctis's name you thought Nox would be better. Looks like you got your wish...but instead of Noctis, Stella has Nox in here name :P Their middle and last names are pretty cool. First name not so muh though.

Yeah, I noticed that too, stupid Squeenix for playing with me, I bet they some of the Versus staff read my post and said

"Woah, I read zexen's post in VGChartz, he's right, we should've named it Nox instead of Noctis! Can we change it?"

"Impossible, we've already recorder over 9000 lines of dialogue with the name Noctis"

"But Nox sounds sooo coool. Can we add it somewhere??? Please? Pretty please?"

"OK, we're gonna add middle names to the characters, something we haven't done since FFVI (Sabin Rene Figaro) just to shut you up. But since we can't call him Noctis Nox, Nox goes to Stella"

"Yay!!!!"

Cool.

darthdevidem01 said:
Soriku said:
zexen_lowe said:

Snow? SNOW???

I'm confused...

He means this thread, when I said that Nox would be better than Noctis

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=44609

Around the Network

@soriku

I liked squall n rinoa too

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Soriku said:
Ultimecia and Seymour are good names.

Consider that I speak spanish, where Ultima=last, so if you wanted Ultimecia would mean "the one who always finishes last"

Soriku said:
Ultima is last in Spanish? That's pretty cool lol.

Well Ultimecia isn't Spanish anyway ;)

Whast's wrong with Seymour though?

I dunno, it doesn't sound good for me. It sounds like "say more"

alphagear said:
how can i boycott this game omg?!!!!

By not buying it.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

zexen_lowe said:
Soriku said:
Ultimecia and Seymour are good names.

Consider that I speak spanish, where Ultima=last, so if you wanted Ultimecia would mean "the one who always finishes last"

You could take the root meaning of the word (for both English and Spanish) which is, you know, "last" in the sense of "final". That is what "ultimate" means.

Strago is a good name.

I don't see how "Noctis" is any more ridiculous than any other name on this page. Is it beecause it has a distinctly Romantic flavor or what?