By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Trophies or Achievments?

What do you prefer. The PS3 trophy system ( FW update 2.50) or Xbox 360 achievments. I personally prefer trophies as it makes more since to me to say " I'm level 8" rather than say " I've got 15000 G"

Give Reasons

Around the Network

I see no difference between the two to be honest

Trophies = Achievements

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Achievements, because every 360 game has them.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I greatly prefer achievements. It may sound cooler to say I'm level 8 but I still can't quickly judge someone by saying they're level 8, 135 bronze trophies, 53 silver trophies, and so on.

Gamerscore just makes so much more sense to me.

I prefer the one on PS3 because MS sucks.....

Around the Network

Imagine that every PS3 game had trophies though..

Trophies, Feels simple to me and works great.

Achievements. Any game on the 360 boosts my score. I can play 50 games on the Ps3 and gain nothing. They're just there for bragging rights, but when games I don't play are the ones that support the system, then what's there to brag about?

Clearly they are the same thing really.

But if you want to assign a particular characteristic just to make one better than the other and in turn say one console is greater than another (which is what OP is doing), I'll go with gamerscore (and thus 360).

Why? well you will more often than not (and this is 99% of the time here people) have a higher gamescore than you would a trophy count or level.

I have a gamescore of 15 or I have one trophy, you be the judge.

SMcc1887 said:
Imagine that every PS3 game had trophies though..

Why? Every PS3 game doesn't have trophies and never will. That's a valid reason to like Gamerscore better. Just to play this little game though, i'll ignore that HUGE factor.

Gamerscore still wins, because gamerscore cards generate automatically on the net while the trophy cards have to be filled in manually. The trophy card in my sig is pretty impressive huh?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.