By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ghostbusters picked up by Atari

Sounds right. Atari will love to sell this.

Around the Network

I wonder if Atari will be around in a year.
Seriously, between the trouble they are having and the news that Infogrames was going to rebuy the brand (or something to that affect that I saw on the G4 screen scroll), I don't know if this is any better than being in limbo

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

By the time Ghostbusters hits the market, all the fun stuff they were showing will be old.

Words Of Wisdom said:
By the time Ghostbusters hits the market, all the fun stuff they were showing will be old.

True.

Words Of Wisdom said:

Good point, but the same can be said about console games in general - by the time a console game comes out, its already 4+ years behind PC graphics.

So, HD console graphics are dated, going by your theory that fun elements can become old too.

Around the Network

Can't wait for this game, Atari seems to be out of the hole somewhat compared to the beginning of the year, I mean they had some good selling games, and now Phil from Sony is helping them out. I mean they got some good direction now and could be a good direction for this game.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

bardicverse said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Good point, but the same can be said about console games in general - by the time a console game comes out, its already 4+ years behind PC graphics.

So, HD console graphics are dated, going by your theory that fun elements can become old too.

That would be great if anyone actually benchmarked console games against PC games instead of the more obvious and relevant choice (other console games).

Also, if you knew anything about this Ghostbusters game prior to this thread you'd know that I wasn't talking about graphics but rather the excellent physics engine that they've gone out of their way to show off and brag about (which does look amazing).

Words Of Wisdom said:
bardicverse said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

That would be great if anyone actually benchmarked console games against PC games instead of the more obvious and relevant choice (other console games).

Also, if you knew anything about this Ghostbusters game prior to this thread you'd know that I wasn't talking about graphics but rather the excellent physics engine that they've gone out of their way to show off and brag about (which does look amazing).

I know what you're getting at, and I was just refuting it with a different approach. My point is that if a year can turn gameplay/physics to be "old" then we're pretty much rocking Commodore 64s when it comes to the visual end.  In other words, I think you're going a little overboard on the doom & gloom because the game wont be out till next year. Hell, maybe it'll give the devs enough time to figure out that they don't have to use such cheesy models for the Wii version

bardicverse said:

I know what you're getting at, and I was just refuting it with a different approach. My point is that if a year can turn gameplay/physics to be "old" then we're pretty much rocking Commodore 64s when it comes to the visual end.  In other words, I think you're going a little overboard on the doom & gloom because the game wont be out till next year. Hell, maybe it'll give the devs enough time to figure out that they don't have to use such cheesy models for the Wii version

The point isn't that it's a single year.  It's another year.  They didn't start development yesterday you know.

It's not doom and gloom at all, it's a statement of fact.  There are likely development teams in various companies attempting to get their own awesome physics engines to work even now.  The longer it's put off, the less stunning it will be relative to other games coming out.

Also, you do know that the Wii version isn't even being made by the same people as the PS360 version right?  The PS3/360 version is being made by Terminal Reality whereas the Wii version is being made by Red Fly Studio (makers of Mushroom Men).

Is this good news? When was the last time Atari made a good game? This will likely get pooped out unfinished like Alone in the Dark. Sorry to say.