By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - De Blob or Warioland?

Hey-o

I am going in on the Toys R Us buy 2 and get one 1 free sale with some friends.  I've narrowed my choices between De Blob and Warioland.  Wondering if people have any recomendations for me...

I like puzzle type games and platformers, don't really care if a game is too short as long as it's fun, and am not interested in multi-player for this purchase.  They both look really fun and while I think I know what to expect from Warioland, I'm not sure what De Blob is all about except that the IGN guys are really into it.

We're going to the store tonight so any advice is much appreciated!

Around the Network
axumblade said:
damn. that's actually a hard question. I'd go for Wario Land: Shake It! cause de Blob will end up dropping in price over the next few months. Nintendo name brand tends to last for about a year at a continuous 50 bucks. Might drop down to 40 (with any luck)

That...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I personally loved De Blob and didn't like Wario Land, so I'm probably not to best person to make a suggestion. Wario Land is definitely more challenging and has more puzzle elements than De Blob though. De Blob is a lot more laid back type of game and has a lot of funny moments. Anything else you’re looking for in particular that could influence your decision?

De Blob is the better game, but what axumblade says is also true.

Still, I'd go with De Blob.

They're both really good games, but I say de Blob hands down. It's such a polished game. The graphics, the style, the sound... everything meshes together so well. It's also a lot bigger than Wario Land.

Around the Network

I haven't played De Blob so I can't really give an opinion on it but I can tell you that you won't regret getting Wario Land:Shake it! It's so much fun and it looks really good and plays really well! It's a bit addicting too. I had a hard time putting the Wii remote down.

De Blob for all the reasons stated.Personally I can't say I found WarioLand that great fun.It was a pleasure to play but nothing too special.

Also:Support the 3rd parties!!

Well, I would like to support third parties for sure. And from the responses, I can see that most people found them both to be pretty good. What else am I looking for in this purchase?

1. Which game would my mainly tetris and dr. mario and zack and wiki playing wife be more likely to also play?

2. Which game has the best replay value.

It sounds like they'll both be good purchases, so I know I'll get a good game. I was leaning towards De Blob because it is third party, is more of a fresh take, and it seems to me like it might be harder.

Thanks everyone for the input!

De Blob is more funny.

EDIT: De Blob is better overall.  Wario Land is respectable though.

Pixel Art can be fun.

De Blob, Nintendo have enough money. De Blob has alot of great puzzle elements, choosing colours and thinking how to do specific tasks within a time limit.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.