By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MSNBC: Is 'LittleBigPlanet' the PS3's killer app?

prlatino86 said:
Once again, as much as the rivalry between Sony and Microsoft over the consoles go, the fact that MSNBC is the one saying it means nothing at all. You must remember, Xbox for microsoft is just a drop in the bucket for them compared to the rest of their revenue streams. And guess what?

My friends Sony Viao laptop came with Windows Vista preloaded. Its a conspiracy i tell you......

Seriously, when it comes to business models and partnerships, you would be surprised who are bed fellows with each other. Just because theres competition between a company in a certain market sector, doesnt mean they dont embrace that same competitor in another market sector.

@ Hatmoza and Spankey
Seriously, how do you know the game is great before it comes out. I had dude at gamestop tell me i should preorder it because its gonna be the "greatest game this year" for PS3. Sadly, ive heard similar hype with other games that i feel were a massive fail. I think people should wait to see a game for itself rather then trying to judge it blindly just because everyone else says its gonna be great

err cuz i played it at the TokyoGameShow....juss read my sig

Around the Network

4 more days

I don't think that LBP will sell more than Resistance. I don't see LBP selling more than 3 M at the most.

This game is soooo overrated... makes me think of GTA4. I predict big waves of deception amongst PS fanboys when the game fails to sell 10M copies.
I'm not saying the game is not good (though it doesn't look very interesting), but I really don't understand all the freakin hype about this game when there are so many good games coming this holiday. For example there are 100 times more talk about LBP than Fable 2...

Spankey said:
prlatino86 said:
Once again, as much as the rivalry between Sony and Microsoft over the consoles go, the fact that MSNBC is the one saying it means nothing at all. You must remember, Xbox for microsoft is just a drop in the bucket for them compared to the rest of their revenue streams. And guess what?

My friends Sony Viao laptop came with Windows Vista preloaded. Its a conspiracy i tell you......

Seriously, when it comes to business models and partnerships, you would be surprised who are bed fellows with each other. Just because theres competition between a company in a certain market sector, doesnt mean they dont embrace that same competitor in another market sector.

@ Hatmoza and Spankey
Seriously, how do you know the game is great before it comes out. I had dude at gamestop tell me i should preorder it because its gonna be the "greatest game this year" for PS3. Sadly, ive heard similar hype with other games that i feel were a massive fail. I think people should wait to see a game for itself rather then trying to judge it blindly just because everyone else says its gonna be great

Speaking for myself, I'll give every game - regardless of platform - the benifit ouf the doubt and not say poor things about a game until I've personally played it and found it lacking.

I'll even go so far as to say Limbo of the Lost could be great.

Sounds rediculous, I know, but thats how I roll...

Besides, when I said "I know how you feel" it was in reference to hatmoza 2.0 complaining about the constant reminders appearing around the web.

Well yeah it could be awesome.... With all those other games implemented into it (cut n pasted) :)

Around the Network

I think the game will be HUGE for the PS3 they have done an amazing job with the hype, I applaud them for the originality I think the game will have legs and sell well for a long time.

As far as it running on MSNBC, you arent going to believe this but I run my xbox 360 on a SONY Braivia tv they way everyone talks you would think Xbox would disable it from working on a sony tv or sony would not take the inputs from the xbox 360. Both SOny and MS has other divisions and also I think there is more dislike by fans than by the companies. Right know both should be looking towards nintendo than themsleves.

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks