By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The official Killzone 2 thread of beta impressions/matchmaking/sharing...

Hello, just thought I'd see what section 8 was up to.

Oh, and i wanted to trespass :P

When will impressions be out?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network
iclim4 said:
outlawauron said:
Ill be on Sunday, so send me a friend request iclim!

No.. I do not like you, no I don't. >_>

Wha? What'd I ever do to you?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

So I just played around half an hour of the Resistance 2 beta.  It's no comparison.  Killzone 2 is vastly superior, though Resistance 2 should hold it's own for "run n' gun" fans.  Resistance is extremely fast paced, like the first, but with the addition of squads, more random spawning (you spawn by your squad, and even then sometimes you can't find the squad), and other stuff it can be overwhelming at times.  The initial character models for both humans and Chimera are rather generic, as well.  I'm not sure how they'll look as you advance in rank, but at first the just look bland.  They also give you no time to adjust your appearance before the round starts.  In Killzone 2, upon entering a game, you can adjust your class, weapons, etc., and then start playing when you're ready.  In Resistance 2, you could be in the middle of picking your weapons when suddenly you spawn on the battlefield (though that may have just been a fluke, since I hadn't played very long at that point).

At this point, I'd definitely say that KZ2 is the better overall game, though I may be somewhat biased in my preference for a bit slower paced and more tactical gameplay.

Really, the difference is caused primarily by Guerrilla's emphasis on realism.  In KZ2, your character has real weight to him, the weapons feel like actual weapons, the camera wobbles as you run, etc., and the gameplay is designed around this.  Resistance 2, however, falls more on the UT end of the spectrum, probably landing around Halo, except it doesn't play as well as Halo, imo.  You run fast as hell, when you jump it's as if you just started to levitate for a few seconds (as in, your character's posture barely changes at all), you can fire while jumping, etc.  It plays like an old school shooter, imo.  The main plus is the insanely cool weapons.

I do have to give props to Resistance for it's community features.  The buddy system is cool and the connections to MyResistance.net should be great, but Killzone 2 is no slouch in this regard either, and many of it's community features I'm sure have yet to be revealed.

Of course, this is just comparing the online.  I enjoyed RFOM's single player overall, despite being underwhelmed by it's online, so R2 could really impress in that area.

outlawauron said:
iclim4 said:
outlawauron said:

I'm pretty sure it was a joke.  Just a really bad joke. 

If I had done something like that, I would've phrased it a bit more over the top.  Something like, "You? On my friends list?  Ugh, what a horrible thought."

One thing that I didn't like about R2 is the spawn points. People were dying and killing so quickly that you'd spawn next to a few teammates and three enemies were right around the corner.

Then again, I haven't played many big KZ 2 matches.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
outlawauron said:
iclim4 said:
outlawauron said:

If I had done something like that, I would've phrased it a bit more over the top.  Something like, "You? On my friends list?  Ugh, what a horrible thought."

I thought so, but the ">_>" threw me off, so I wasn't sure.

outlawauron said:
One thing that I didn't like about R2 is the spawn points. People were dying and killing so quickly that you'd spawn next to a few teammates and three enemies were right around the corner.

We'll play some next time you're available.  Me and iclim started our own room earlier, and within half an hour we had like 15 people in it.  All Body Count really draws people in. xD

In KZ2, because of the turrets, etc., you don't have to worry about dying right after you spawn, unless the teams are so unbalanced that they can get in your base and just sit there. One round we played it was like 10 vs 6, and they just got in and never left.

makingmusic476 said:
outlawauron said:

We'll play some next time you're available.  Me and iclim started our own room earlier, and within half an hour we had like 15 people in it.  All Body Count really draws people in. xD

In KZ2, because of the turrets, etc., you don't have to worry about dying right after you spawn, unless the teams are so unbalanced that they can get in your base and just sit there. One round we played it was like 10 vs 6, and they just got in and never left.

It must. I like to throw in some extra stuff to mix things up.

outlawauron said:
makingmusic476 said:
outlawauron said:

It must. I like to throw in some extra stuff to mix things up.

That damn Search & Retrieve.  xD

I like S&R when several people are playing, but in 1v1, it just frustrates me.  I end up just trying to kill you and ignore the items. :P

makingmusic476 said:
outlawauron said:
iclim4 said:
outlawauron said:

Haha, I figured me repeating the "no I don't" like little kid would give it away.
KZ2 is fun, but it's still buggy.
Sometimes I just get disconnected for no reason.
Sometimes the game freezes on me.

Our session was probably the only game I played without any issues. 

Also, how do I get the sniper rifle?
That gun is so unfair, I can't outsnipe snipers. T_T

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags?