By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The official Killzone 2 thread of beta impressions/matchmaking/sharing...

Well, the Killzone 2 beta has finally begun, and I (as well as the currently ps3-less DMeisterJ) have managed to snag a beta key!

In this thread, we'll discuss general impressions of the beta, the sharing of the beta, as well as set up matches between those of us with the beta. 

Current members in the beta (thus far all leeching off of my beta key, lol):

makingmusic476
outlawauron
squilliam
naznatips
iclim4
okeydokey - damn 5 system limit

And once DMeisterJ gets his ps3, he and ecurbj will be joining the party.  :D Edit: DMJ has a ps3!

Why was this posted in Section 8?  The beta is strictly NDA'd, and only here are we safe from the eyes SCE.  :P

And if the new screenshot feature coming with firmware 2.5 is supported by the beta, this thread will be all the better.  :D

BIG EDIT:

Well, all moochers can no longer mooch. :(  Edit: Hm, seems that they can.

Legitimite people in the beta:

makingmusic476
dmeisterj
bbsin
bmaker11

Around the Network

Very nice. I lost my link to get to Section 8. I'm glad I'm back.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

No impressions? :P

Tbh, I have no idea what you think of the game, despite having played with you these past couple of nights.

So is it "zomg awesome"? Or something more like "zomg really awesome"? ^_^

It's very pretty. Plays perfectly. No hitches, and everything works VERY well.

It justs seems that the guns are a little powerful like CoD4. It's tough, but I suppose it's realistic. I do like and want to play more.

Anyone else going to jump in?

Squill is MIA, and naz is like an old guy who has to get to bed before 11 every night, so it looks like it'll be just us.

Oh, and okeydokey decided to be an idiot about downloading the beta. He's working on it though, lol.

Around the Network

Hey people

Tease.

Poor OkeyD.

Squilliam, I had no idea you had a PS3?!

My impressions are.

Visuals: Technically very good which is artisitically extremely well put together, it really makes the world come to life and nothing stands out really good or bad which is good to have a nice consistant world that lets you immerse in it.

Gameplay: Extremely easy to play, the character moves very fluidly and the shooting controls are some of the best I've seen from a console. Weapons are really cool they shoot really well and the animation/reloading are some of the best I've seen.

Multiplayer: Multiple classes look very interesting, the concept of the continuing matches is really cool and the levels are extremely well set out and fun.

Overall: Im picking this as a top notch AAA shooter, 90+ is to be expected and from what I've seen i'll give it about 90% so long as the rest is as good as what I've seen.

Tease.

outlawauron said:
Poor OkeyD.

Squilliam, I had no idea you had a PS3?!

Yep! I've had one for about a year longer than my Xbox 360 even.

Tease.

I can't wait to give my impressions.