By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Firmware 2.50 Now Available for PS3

KylieDog said:
The Screenshot feature sucks, rather than do do something like make it an option to turn on or off and press a button on control pad two, they just made it an option for devs to use or not use.

It is trophies all over again, for months a majority of new games probably won't use the feature, very few old games will get a patch for it, and unlike trophies I don't see this eventually becomming mandatory.

Trophies are getting pretty good support now and many big games are getting patched.  I'd say its more like the custom soundtracks feature, which besides warhawk, doesn't seem to be getting any support at all :l

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network

wtf u still cant play most of the videos on ign i could play the auto pop up video for dead space but that was it just the video review that auto loads on first page of reviww but click on all videos and i cant see any of those...

My PSN Name is:  EvilChronos    add me if u want :)

END OF GENERATION PREDICTIONS  "9-21-08"

PS3=130M     360=90M     Wii=120M     DS=130M     PSP=70M

Other Prediction: The PS3 will overtake the 360 XMAS of 09  "9-21-08"

can someone tell me what are all the new features??? or how can I do the screen grabbing?

F.U. Fun University.

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=2292

Great will download it.

Around the Network

I see support for DivX Video on Demand service has been added too.
Does anyone here use it? If so, any good?
http://vod.divx.com/

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

downloaded earlier great update... psn has really come far

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

sweet update

So ummmm I still have the question of y cant I see all of the videos on ign? If I go to the review page of lets say dead space, I can view the video review that auto loads in the middle of the page however if I click on the all videos link in the bottom that says they have like 41 videos or something I can not see any of those videos. Anyone know y?

My PSN Name is:  EvilChronos    add me if u want :)

END OF GENERATION PREDICTIONS  "9-21-08"

PS3=130M     360=90M     Wii=120M     DS=130M     PSP=70M

Other Prediction: The PS3 will overtake the 360 XMAS of 09  "9-21-08"

EvilChronos said:
So ummmm I still have the question of y cant I see all of the videos on ign? If I go to the review page of lets say dead space, I can view the video review that auto loads in the middle of the page however if I click on the all videos link in the bottom that says they have like 41 videos or something I can not see any of those videos. Anyone know y?

If they are like GameTrailers then some of their videos will be in different formats, some of their videos will be in Flash and that now works.  But i'm going to assume that the other videos are in quicktime or WMV or some other format that the PS3 browser does not read.