By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Banjo Kazoie to sell 300,000 lifetime in Japan 130k first week

KillaKB said:
MontanaHatchet said:
So it's going to outsell every other 360 game that has been released in Japan despite being a western game?

Know that I'm sincere when I say that your predictions are awful.

do a little research and you will see that banjo 1 and 2 sold really well there despite being a "western title"...the game will outsell all othe previous 360 games first week

And Banjo 1 and 2 were both outsold by various other titles on the N64, both worldwide and in Japan.

Do a little research next time.

Matt: Someone already posted that. It proves very little. I could probably argue that by the look of their facial expressions, the game will flop in Japan.

Around the Network
KillaKB said:
MontanaHatchet said:
So it's going to outsell every other 360 game that has been released in Japan despite being a western game?

Know that I'm sincere when I say that your predictions are awful.

do a little research and you will see that banjo 1 and 2 sold really well there despite being a "western title"...the game will outsell all othe previous 360 games first week

So did you do any research to see that despite the fact the N64 had sold millions more than the 360, neither of the first two BK games sold more than 60k first week in Japan.  Also the second game only sold half as much as the first.

Did you notice the best selling 360 game sold 210k?  Did you notice those games have a lot more appeal in the Japanese market than BK?  If you really believe this, I wonder what your Tales of Vesperia predictions were.

I doubt it'll even sell 100k in Japan.

matt247 said:
It seems that it might be popular in Japan
http://kotaku.com/5062274/this-is-what-those-guys-were-watching

And judging by their faces I bet ya I know what they are all thinking haha.  Humor me and take a guess haha.

no way...it will sell at least a million first day.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

alot of people on this site are anti 360

Indeed there are, doesn't mean your prediction is more likely though.

Zucas said:
matt247 said:
It seems that it might be popular in Japan
http://kotaku.com/5062274/this-is-what-those-guys-were-watching

And judging by their faces I bet ya I know what they are all thinking haha.  Humor me and take a guess haha.

Lol, I was thinking the same thing... It looks like the look that was on peoples faces when they saw WiiMusic....

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Haha...hahahahahaha...hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa... No.

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

That's a bit too high for Japan 300k... that means almost half of every 360 owner would buy it. I thought Tales itself was amazing enough to do 250k in Japan alone that means 1 of every 3 Xbox owners has ToV. GTA4 can I quote you on that BK won't break 300k worldwide? You're being sarcastic right?

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-