By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Next million sellers on PS3

Surprised nobody has mentioned it, but Guitar Hero: World Tour and the Next Need For Speed will most likely reach a million.  To add to the games other people have mentioned.

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:
noname2200 said:
And Oblivion didn't reach a million, so I'm skeptical about Fallout 3's chances.

oblivion was out for a long time on the 360 before going to ps3.   id say both versions will likely reach the million mark without much trouble

How long was the gap? If it was more than a few months, then you're probably right, and my caution for Fallout 3 drops (but is not completly eliminated).

noname2200 said:
MrBubbles said:
noname2200 said:
And Oblivion didn't reach a million, so I'm skeptical about Fallout 3's chances.

oblivion was out for a long time on the 360 before going to ps3.   id say both versions will likely reach the million mark without much trouble

How long was the gap? If it was more than a few months, then you're probably right, and my caution for Fallout 3 drops (but is not completly eliminated).

It was a year.  Plus the European numbers haven't been updated in months or even at all in 2008 I think.

far cry 2? or dead space?

F.U. Fun University.

at 150k in Japan, it would take a market blitz for a SRPG to get even near the 1 mil mark.

Unlikely, no matter how much I wish for it.

Around the Network

Their are so many games that could made it that I don't want to start to name them X_X;

But out of my head you miss SFIV or doesn't that release soon ?

way outside your window, but I think GT5 should also make the 1 mil+ mark
...if it ever gets released that is...

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Valkyria:no ; bioshock: no ; madden: no ; dead space: no ; I'm okay for the rest but I'll go far cry 2 too!

axumblade said:
mibuokami said:
at 150k in Japan, it would take a market blitz for a SRPG to get even near the 1 mil mark.

Unlikely, no matter how much I wish for it.

I think to a degree it depends on just how RPG hungry the PS3 fans are. Disgaea 3 didn't do anything due to the fact that it was PS2 graphics on the PS3.  I could also see it doing better in the rest of the world due to the fact that it seems a little more centered around Europe. I'm not sure how the Japanese are about the game but if it managed to appeal to the right people around the world it could do well. Also, Japan doesn't seem to have much interest in the PS3 at the moment, so with only a few systems sold in the country, I could see why it only hit 150k.

Japan has a user base of 2.3 Mil and currently we're tracking sales at 150k

Assuming europe takes up an equal amount of ethusiasm for it, the game might score another 450k with a user base of 6 mil (unlikely). that leaves 400k to NA, again not impossible but highly improbable. Fire Emblem, a much more establish brand with way a bigger fanbase on a system that has sold more than twice the amount as the PS did less than that.

Sega would realistically expect a LTD between 500k - 800k.

I just wanna stress something, if you wanna get yakuza3 in the us or europe, you'd better buy valkyria chronicles IMO, I think it's gonna be some kinda test for sega!