By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Steve Jobs on Blu-ray, ouch!

Pristine20 said:
FishyJoe said:
Imperial said:
How is that a blow to Blu-Ray ,that's well established.

Well if it was something they thought consumers really wanted, wouldn't they include it in their premium product?

And make it even more expensive that the overpriced dirt it already is?

That is what Apple does.

Around the Network

Um.... ok. So it's an issue for them now.... that's nice..... do they even do DVD releases of anything?? [APPLE]

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
Um.... ok. So it's an issue for them now.... that's nice..... do they even do DVD releases of anything?? [APPLE]

Yes... computer programs.

They also do a substantial amount of buisness in well... disc drives.

Dgc1808 said:

From my understanding, with the exception of the MacBook Air, every Mac that is sold includes a DVD drive and will play DVD movies out of the box.

megaman2 said:
Steve: "Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt. It's great to watch the movies, but the licensing of the tech is so complex, we're waiting till things settle down and Blu-ray takes off in the marketplace."

thank you steve for telling us something we knew already, how much did ms pay you to say that lol

Man, Steve Jobs must be getting hella cheques from Microsoft!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
DMeisterJ said:
What's the "ouch"?

Blu-Ray hasn't taken off, so they're not putting it into the computers right now. Why put BD players into there if it's not standard yet? Waste of money if people don't need it, or don't use it, as it'd raise the price from the already huge price on their lappies anyway.

I fail to see the "ouch".

Please explain the "ouch" part to me?

I see someone who is trying to push a laptop, by not selling it at a high cost.

Bag of hurt = ouch. Bad on me for shortening the statement.

Yeah, cause the extra five letters and two spaces is so hard to type.

DMeisterJ said:
FishyJoe said:
DMeisterJ said:
What's the "ouch"?

Blu-Ray hasn't taken off, so they're not putting it into the computers right now. Why put BD players into there if it's not standard yet? Waste of money if people don't need it, or don't use it, as it'd raise the price from the already huge price on their lappies anyway.

I fail to see the "ouch".

Please explain the "ouch" part to me?

I see someone who is trying to push a laptop, by not selling it at a high cost.

Bag of hurt = ouch. Bad on me for shortening the statement.

Yeah, cause the extra five letters and two spaces is so hard to type.

I myself prefer the term "bag of hurt" but I understand it would make a stupidly long thread name.

Hands Fishy Joe his 'I hate Blu_Ray' membership group badge.

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

There seem to be very little enthusiasm from people other than Sony and disney about brd...if different, please provide data.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

heruamon said:
There seem to be very little enthusiasm from people other than Sony and disney about brd...if different, please provide data.

Movie companys in general are enthusiastic.

Why wouldn't they be.  It means they get to sell extra copies of movies they've already sold.