By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will LBP Get "Zack and Wikied"?

Now I think there is no way that LBP does not do at least 2-3x better in sales than Z&W. But I am talking in relative terms. Meaning will LBP do much less in sales than it should have because of its "differentness". Much like Z&W.

I want this game to do well, think a game that is extemely creative like this doing well will do wonders to diversify the industry (I like FPS games, but really, you can only play 1 at a time)

I think if this game sell 900k to 1.2 million based on how good the game is and budget it will have gotten Z&W.

I personally am hopeful it catches on and sells 2.5-3 million. We shall see if the testoterone charged "haloboy" types can get by its uniqueness.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

i doubt it there is nothing really new or differnt about this game

its a solid platformer that lets you make a level

level creation has been around for a while as well as platforming

There's too much hype surrounding LBP for it to fail.

When I was playing the Beta I was surprised at some of my PSN friends who asked me about it. Even those who tend to prefer shooters (and other such genres) were excitedly asking me all about it.

Zack and Wiki on the other hand ... I hadn't even heard about it until after it launched, and I still know nothing about it apart from its name and the fact that it bombed. It had very little hype surrounding it.

I think that is a distinct possibility.

New and innovative does not seem to be selling well right now.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Z&W is a low budget title with no advertising and limited audience. LBP is a big budget titles with large marketing campaign and much wider scope. There is really no comparison.

Around the Network
mesoteto said:
i doubt it there is nothing really new or differnt about this game

its a solid platformer that lets you make a level

level creation has been around for a while as well as platforming

so has racing, fps, tps, rpg, beat em ups, shoot em ups and adventure games. what's your point?

LBP is going to have some proper backing with marketing and such.... the only place Z&W was well marketed was South Korea where I think it launched with the Wii and was perhaps an optional bundle.

I think LBP is probably the hardest game to say how it will sell.

I can see it sell less than 500k but I also see it selling more than 5 million.

I wonder what The Source thinks about it.

Hells no. 1 million guaranteed. Probably more like 3 million. If not more.....hopefully.

For a game that got lil' to no hype or advertising Zack & Wiki didn't bomb. On the level that both are great games I see the comparison, but with the ad push for LBP, if it sales within the range you mentioned, which I think it will too, that will be a harder pill to swallow.

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?