By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - WHATS THE BEST TV SHOW

shah, Good Eats. Alton Brown kicks ass.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

Arrested Development. I could watch all three seasons about once a week and still laugh my ass off.

The dedication you show to any particular console or company is inversely proportional to the number of times you have gotten laid. If you get laid enough, even if you prefer a certain brand, you just don't give enough of a shit to argue about it on the internet.

rocketpig said:
shah, Good Eats. Alton Brown kicks ass.

Feasting on Waves and Feasting on Asphalt were both awesome mini series.  Alton is the man.

I will admit I love Guy though.  Diner, Drive Ins and Dives rocks. 

That aside I'm going to go with Fraggle Rock though as best TV show.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

It's always sunny in Philadelphia cracks me up. The office and Dexter are the top shows on tv.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Currently, the Office and Reno 911.

Around the Network

This thread needs way more Dexter. Best show on television.

Heroes season 3 seems to be regaining the quality the show lost during the second season.

Arrested Development is great except I've never watched an episode without eating Burger King at the time. Now I have some kind of Pavlovian craving for hamburgers everytime I think about it.

I thought House was very good, but I haven't seen it since halfway through season 4.

From the Food Network, I really like Good Eats and Iron Chef.

And Futurama.

I'd really like to start watching Lost and Twin Peaks. Haven't gotten around to them yet.

Chuck - very fun show.
Heroes - there's too much stuff going on, but it's a good show.
House - It's House.

I'd also say Dexter, if we're talking about current running shows only. That, South Park, The Office, and Californication are really the only shows that I make sure I catch weekly when they're running. (Thank you, DVR.)

There's other shows I'll watch if I'm flipping channels and there's nothing else on, but won't go out of my way to see them:

House is entertaining, because it sticks to the same formula week after week, and it work on a very basic level.

I've caught a couple episodes of Bones and it's the same thing, simple repetitive formula, mildly entertaining.

The CSI shows I will watch in repeats because I hate myself, and love making fun of terrible acting with my brother. (Seriously, it's hilarious to watch a show where the investigators literally know EVERYTHING that is put before them. I saw one where David Caruso was given the Latin name of a fish, and he knew what specific fish it was INSTANTLY. We almost died laughing, it was so preposterous.) This also holds true for Walker, Texas Ranger repeats. Highest of high comedy.

The dedication you show to any particular console or company is inversely proportional to the number of times you have gotten laid. If you get laid enough, even if you prefer a certain brand, you just don't give enough of a shit to argue about it on the internet.

Futurama, Scrubs, Heroes, House