By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Starwars... less WW sales than either HD console? Why?

wii version wasnt as bad as everyone says it was. it got a higher metacritic score and additional content. it didnt ave the graphics or physics but it did have better controls apparently. what i dont understand is that you have ign sayhing that the motion controls allows you to do different attacks everytime. then you have gamespot who says that the attacks are all the same no matter which way you swing. they completely contradict each other over the same game

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Zucas said:
Sorry next time I'll be less blunt as long as your less blunt to the others.

What are you Robin Hood or something?

^_^

If it's the Errol Flynn one then yes.  Otherwise I'm just the informer of what's right.

Groucho said:

it seems that WII-HD crossplatform games might actually do better on the HD consoles than the Wii

This thread is all out just flame bait as it is... everyone knows the Multiplatform games that have a Wii version tend to perform better on Xbox 360 and PS3 there is no denying that.

Is this just another segment to the '3rd party developers on Wii' argument? If it is, so what - so many Nintendo fans argue like the Wii is fantastic for 3rd parties, but it's not all peaches and cream for them on Wii.

That said, every version of Starwars Force Unleashed would have currently made a profit.

Further than that, how anyone can consider this game 'AAA' is just blasphemous.  The Wii version is attrocious - have you even played it?

Your whole perspective is messed up Groucho.

KylieDog said:
XiaoMay said:
KylieDog said:

2. The Wii version was absolutely terrible quality of a game, even if Wii was only option people wanting it would probably get put off.

Hey PS3 and Wii owner :

Gamerankings :

PS3 : 71.8%

Wii : 72.2%

Which one was terrible quality of a game ?

Don't quote review scores then talk about quality.

Do you have any other way to compare 2 games ? Wii > PS3 version

Also MOST 3rd party games will sell better on Wii.

Moreover, if you take into account developpement cost...

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

it juss goes to show u how casual wii owners are ! they are not hardcore gamers they juss want something fun and casual to play every other week, and star wars is not that game
(i know a nintendo fan boy is going to attack me )

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
hatmoza 2.0 said:
it juss goes to show u how casual wii owners are ! they are not hardcore gamers they juss want something fun and casual to play every other week, and star wars is not that game
(i know a nintendo fan boy is going to attack me )

I doubt (or rather hope) that you don't get attacked for this post. You said that the Wii version of SW:TFU isn't fun, so that's why it isn't selling. I think everyone agrees with that.

nope

Wii version IS fun

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

Wii Star Wars will having longer legs and eventually outsell both of the HD versions individually. So tempted to say combined lol.

Kyros said:
Realistically, there is nothing about the PSP, PS2 or Wii that means that they couldn't make a great game with the same premise of the HD versions of the game

You mean apart from the fact that the Wii has less power for physical effects, graphics etc. They cannot use the same third-party technologies like Graphics Engine, Havoc or Euphoria because these need more power, they have to design levels, characters and environments with less polygons and therefore less details , may have problems creating the same view distances and therefore level sizes ...

There is no single thing that cannot be done on the Wii but there are overall less resources available so designers will have to cut some things.

(And they are cheap bastards and would rather port the PS2 version than to make a proper job)

While it's nit picking, the Wii has several titles that use the Havok physics engine.

On topic:

There are 2 reasons why the HD consoles sold more thus far.

1. Marketing.  Everything I've seen on the game have given the HD consoles focus.  The Wii seemed peripherary in nature for the advertisements.

2. Wii titles are rarely front loaded and have longer legs.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Well, Wii version is already selling more than PS2, PS3, PSP and DS...

360 version is still the best selling, but Xbox360 IS an american system and SW IS a strong american brand...

do you get my point ?

For the same reason, FF would sell more on PS than on Xbox in japan...

http://www.vgchartz.com/eweekly.php?date=39747&console=&maker=LucasArts&boxartz=1

And here you go for Wii Version > HD Versions...

So much for your theory (-: