By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MS Price drop NOT in Full effect

im sure evryone in the whole of the UK, where i live know of the privce cut. on sky sports 1 ad break once there was 3 360 price cut ads in a row!!

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Nidan said:

I was down at my local retailers over the weekend and found that there was a huge price variation on the 360 between retailers which was quite surprising to me.

It seams a few retailers (major retailers) have not dropped their price yet, and maybe(just maybe) these could be the reasons.

• The Price drop has not flown through to all chains
  • The retailers are waiting until closer to Christmas to drop their price
  • The retailers are making more profit while they can
  • The retailers may have brought a large inventory before the price drop and haven't received their rebate (YET)
  • The retailers may have received their rebates in the form of games.
  • They may be waiting for a promotion cycle to begin

Either way the effects of the price drop have not made it through all sales channels yet. I would think that Christmas will be the real decider to if this price drop has had much long term effect.

I also believe that in the coming months, MS will supply a lot of bundles to the market, making the Xbox look to have better value.

[[[[Edit::   My comments refer to "others" and the desert island I live on is "Australia"]]]]

I'm here in Sydney, Australia.  I was under the impression that we didn't get the latest price drop.  IF we did, then you are correct.  Many retailers havent passed it on.

JB and WOW have passed this price drop on the last time I looked

Predictions JAN 08

2008 PS3-19.5M(actual 19.5) XBOX360-23M(actual 27.5) Wii - 37M(actual 45.8M)

End of 2009 PS3-27 25M XBOX360-30 35M Wii - 48 63M (revised DEC 08)

Price Point
Mid 2008 Wii $250 Xbox360$249 Xbox360(HDD)$299 PS3 $399

Mid 2009 Wii $189 Xbox360$199 Xbox360(HDD)$249 PS3 $339

Mid 2010 Wii $ 149 Xbox360$159 Xbox360(HDD)$199 PS3 $289

Well the price drop is here where I'm from and if it's where I'm from then it's got to be everywhere else....(damn hick town)

In the US, every retailer has it at the correct price (199, 299, 399) and the commercials are starting to get annoying.

FilaBrasileiro said:
In the US, every retailer has it at the correct price (199, 299, 399) and the commercials are starting to get annoying.

yea it is. the UK commercial i see about 5 times a bleedin day! but it seems the price cut is also having a kind of negative effect aswell, people in europe dont like cheap stuff believe it or not! they always want to go for the expensive one. as they say "the more expensive the better!" and "its cheap for a reason"

Around the Network
GTAIV08 said:
FilaBrasileiro said:

yea it is. the UK commercial i see about 5 times a bleedin day! but it seems the price cut is also having a kind of negative effect aswell, people in europe dont like cheap stuff believe it or not! they always want to go for the expensive one. as they say "the more expensive the better!" and "its cheap for a reason"

Indeed. People won't buy 360 because then others will think you're poor here.

My 12 year old nephew who only has a PS2 didn't want my 360 because he said he would be teased at school if people found out he had one. It's all about PS3 and Wii.

GTAIV08 said:
FilaBrasileiro said:

You must be really annoyed with all those bleedin Nintendo ads then ?, and as for the UK and the Xbox 360 they are advertising "Infinite Undiscovery"

and the ad ends with "Only on Xbox 360 with console starting at 129.99p" so stop talking rubbish..

Zayanora

I won't even bother with this One it's just getting silly now................