By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Killing my Falcon softly with this heater? 3 months of abuse and no RROD!

Squilliam said:

I just realised that my Xbox 360 (Falcon chipset) sits between 6 inches away and actually touching my 2400W oil column convection heater, surface temperature? Too hot to touch for more than a few seconds. That shows how much I care I guess...

Im not worried at all, its just a convenient place to put it so I can access the drive because I store my disks/etc in a chest under my seat. I like the toasty feeling of sitting next to my heater and I like the convenience of sitting next to my Xbox 360 so yeah why should I worry? Im covered by a RROD warranty until February 2011 anyway and I have a gaming PC/PS3/Wii to play if it breaks.

Btw I haven't had any glitches, hitches, freezes, 2 ring overheating or anything like that. But its still funny. "OMGZ the RROD monster will get youz!"

All I can say is LULZ!!!

Nice to hear that but you know every PS3 fanboy will say "MY 360(imaginary) DIED ON ME STUPID M$,or RROD WILL GET YOU AGAIN!!!"

Stick it to the haters!

Around the Network

Cool, so the 360 fail rate is definitely less than 100%

What is the purpose of the thread??

Garnett said:
Squilliam said:

I just realised that my Xbox 360 (Falcon chipset) sits between 6 inches away and actually touching my 2400W oil column convection heater, surface temperature? Too hot to touch for more than a few seconds. That shows how much I care I guess...

Im not worried at all, its just a convenient place to put it so I can access the drive because I store my disks/etc in a chest under my seat. I like the toasty feeling of sitting next to my heater and I like the convenience of sitting next to my Xbox 360 so yeah why should I worry? Im covered by a RROD warranty until February 2011 anyway and I have a gaming PC/PS3/Wii to play if it breaks.

Btw I haven't had any glitches, hitches, freezes, 2 ring overheating or anything like that. But its still funny. "OMGZ the RROD monster will get youz!"

All I can say is LULZ!!!

Nice to hear that but you know every PS3 fanboy will say "MY 360(imaginary) DIED ON ME STUPID M$,or RROD WILL GET YOU AGAIN!!!"

Stick it to the haters!

Its vertical too, so its like a full side of it is being blasted by the lovely heat/sunshine of my heater. Its because vertical means I don't have to reach down out of my seat to change disks.

The purpose of this thread is to show that Xbox 360s don't overheat?

Tease.

But no-one has ever claimed that all 360's will die early from RROD. Just that (in the early days at least) a decent proportion of them did

scottie said:
But no-one has ever claimed that all 360's will die early from RROD. Just that (in the early days at least) a decent proportion of them did

O rly?

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=1326232

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

haha I remember reading a story of a man who got a console that didn't work(can't remember if it was Xbox or 360) and when he opened it roaches poored out... he blew it out and it worked just fine.

Squilliam said:

Its vertical too, so its like a full side of it is being blasted by the lovely heat/sunshine of my heater. Its because vertical means I don't have to reach down out of my seat to change disks.

Wait... wut? Maybe you should change your profile pic into:

You lazy fat Shatner! xD

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
Squilliam said:

You lazy fat Shatner! xD

LULZ!!!!!

Tease.

Well its a Falcon what do you expect

Squilliam said:
NiKKoM said:
Squilliam said:

You lazy fat Shatner! xD

LULZ!!!!!

haha one of my managers name is Lawl... every time I hear his name I think of post like this