By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Marvel vs. Capcom 2 rated for PS3/360, no Wii version.

I agree that it's PSN/XBLA.  This is why it's not on Wii.  Storage size issues.

Around the Network

It will probably get the same treatment as SFII HD Turbo Remix, so it's not going to come for the Wii. A mod in their forums just said it's not gonna be a direct port and that it will be much more than that, so PS3/360 owners can expect a remake that will contain online and obviously HD graphics. Therefore Wii is a NO.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I'll buy on PSN for the better d-pad.

trestres said:
It will probably get the same treatment as SFII HD Turbo Remix, so it's not going to come for the Wii. A mod in their forums just said it's not gonna be a direct port and that it will be much more than that, so PS3/360 owners can expect a remake that will contain online and obviously HD graphics. Therefore Wii is a NO.

I will almost guarantee that HD graphics are not happening. Capcom has waited long enough for that team to get SFIIHDRemix out and that is only 17 characters. Doing 55 different characters would be too large of an undertaking. The features are likely going to be online play(hopefully 6 man online), leaderboards, etc. Basically the regular things you would expect. Maybe widescreen too. I would be perfectly happy with those small additions to the already winning formula.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:

I will almost guarantee that HD graphics are not happening. Capcom has waited long enough for that team to get SFIIHDRemix out and that is only 17 characters. Doing 55 different characters would be too large of an undertaking. The features are likely going to be online play(hopefully 6 man online), leaderboards, etc. Basically the regular things you would expect. Maybe widescreen too. I would be perfectly happy with those small additions to the already winning formula.

6 man online wouldn't work terribly well. Being able to kill your friends by calling them in as an assist at the wrong time would cause way too many problems. Not that I would intentionally kill someone on my side just to annoy them of course. Just a hypothetical scenario that I may or may not have dreamed about having play out. Plus it would really suck to be the guy who never got to play for your side.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
Gnizmo said:
Onyxmeth said:

6 man online wouldn't work terribly well. Being able to kill your friends by calling them in as an assist at the wrong time would cause way too many problems. Not that I would intentionally kill someone on my side just to annoy them of course. Just a hypothetical scenario that I may or may not have dreamed about having play out. Plus it would really suck to be the guy who never got to play for your side.

Stop crushing my dream damnit! At least let there be two man co-op though. No player would be relegated to a character. One player starts and the tag goes to the other player. If that player dies the character coming in would be controlled by the other player. You always get an introductory hit as the tagged character in the form of an aerial move so that gives you the second you need to adjust. There could also be an onscreen icon to show you're now up.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:
Valkyria00 said:
Onyxmeth said:

Mega Man 9 wasn't released on disc to my knowledge. That was a press kit given to the press to promote the game. There was no profit made on it. I have never seen an NES looking box in my local Target with Mega Man 9 inside.

It's probably not their choice and it's probably the Wii's low internal memory and the large file size that is keeping this from going there. Why not just deal with it since that's the situation? You have no evidence there even is an issue in regards to controls. You have no evidence, no proof and nothing from Capcom stating anything about this game yet. How it is you manage to continue your complaining with your foot squarely shoved into your mouth is beyond me.

@Valkyria00-MVC2 doesn't need to be released on VC because the Dreamcast is not a console Nintendo offers on there. Plus all VC games have no upgrades in features, while you would expect online play from this title. WiiWare would be the appropriate place to put this if it were possible.

But its not a dreamcast game. It was ported there along with all other home consoles. But I guess it wouldnt fit under a specific console but still.

Ok so if it's an arcade game then explain to me how it's going to fit into Virtual Console. Keyword: Console. Why bother even arguing this? The reason consoles like the Dreamcast and Saturn aren't available is because there are limits on VC and the available consoles' games fit under those limits. The only one that doesn't completely fit under it is the Nintendo controlled N64. You think that's a coincidence? There are necessary limits with DL on the Wii because Nintendo still only has 512MB to work with and doesn't want a few titles available that could hog it.

THANK YOU. No way this could be released on VC, Senor Rudeness. This isn't exactly a retro game.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

yes thank god. i've been waiting 5 long years since i first played mvc to be able to play it on a console. the ps2, dc, and xb versions i was unable to get since i didn't have any of those

Are people complaing for a Port??? ...... Sorry but this sounds much better:
http://www.destructoid.com/marvel-vs-capcom-3-matlockery-tastunoko-vs-capcom-to-become-marvel-vs-capcom-3--107048.phtml

alfredofroylan said:
Are people complaing for a Port??? ...... Sorry but this sounds much better:
http://www.destructoid.com/marvel-vs-capcom-3-matlockery-tastunoko-vs-capcom-to-become-marvel-vs-capcom-3--107048.phtml

I would go insane if this turns out to be correct.