By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - XBOX 360 at 1,000,000 before end of year in Japan

The thing is, you're projecting the situation of the US onto Japan, and it doesn't really apply. Not only is Japan far less affected by the current economic crisis, but in fact they've been in the throes of their own economic troubles for years. In other words, the cultural changes that typically accompany an economic crisis happened long before the release of any of this gen's consoles, and the current situation is in many ways the result. That situation works against you.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Around the Network

More likely towards the end of 2009, XBox 360 at 1 million consoles sold in Japan region.
I believe XBox 360 will reach 20 million sold in NA before it reaches 1 million sold in Japan.

Supernova82 said:
More likely towards the end of 2009, XBox 360 at 1 million consoles sold in Japan region.
I believe XBox 360 will reach 20 million sold in NA before it reaches 1 million sold in Japan.

you dont realize how close it actualy is to 1 million do you? it is almost at 800,000 with the holiday season to go and 2 more big jrpg's in the next 4 months...at the VERY latest march 2009 and earliest first week of january

KillaKB said:

and that means it need to sell 100,000 k for november and december and 20,000k more this month...IT WILL HAPPEN

It has over 250K more to sell before it hits 1,000,000 units. Not 120K. No it WON'T HAPPEN.

The XBox 360 is only selling about 8,000 a week right now and even if the holidays boost the sales to 15,000 a week in November and December, that's only going to be about 100-150K for the rest of the year. I don't see the XBox 360 sustaining a 25K-30K per week sales in Japan during the holidays. Maybe if FF XIII was release this year in Japan for the XBox 360 it might be possible, but I don't see it happening. Next year they should hit 1 million in Japan with no problems.

'gaming till I'm gone'

Seihyouken said:
KillaKB said:
Millennium said:
At first glance I thought this sounded pretty reasonable: only about 25,000 a week for the next ten weeks.

That was until I looked at the charts. In reality, 25,000 a week is only slightly less than the 360's all-time best week in Japan, and again, that kind of demand would have to be sustained for the next ten weeks. I don't think it will manage.

last remnant week will be 50,000= though...then we got december+ banjo kazoie and fable 2...it will happen

Sorry. But you're wrong in every point.

1. The Last Remnant will absolutely not push weekly 360 sales above 35,000, if even that.
2. Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts will absolutely not push weekly 360 sales above 20,000, if even that.
3. Fable II will absolutely not push weekly 360 sales above 15,000, if even that.
4. Xbox 360 has absolutely 0% chance of reaching 1,000,000 consoles sold in Japan by January 1st, 2009.

I love the XBox 360, but I completely agree with Seihyouken on this. The Xbox 360 isn't going to break 1 million this year in Japan. I mathematically impossible at this point.

'gaming till I'm gone'

Around the Network

I wouldn't call it mathematically impossible, but the odds are so vanishingly small that it may as well be.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.