By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The console with the weakest processor ALWAYS wins.

It's been true for ever generation, even the SNES had a weaker processor, UNLESS it gets discontinued before all it's competitiors arrive on the market, in the case of the Dreamcast.

1:Magnavox Odyssey

2: Atari 2600

3: NES/Famicom

4:SNES

5: Sony PlayStation

6: Sony Playstation 2

Although the Dreamcast had the weakest processor, it was also being phased out before the Gamecube or the Xbox was released. Even though it was still avaliable in 2002, it was in the middle of being phased out, so it was already doomed before all compititors arrived to market. The dreamcast was also the "black sheep" of its generation, as the only console avaliable in white.

7: Nintendo Wii

Basically, the most powerful console has yet to win a generation.

Around the Network

A more appropriate way to prase this is "The most powerful console has yet to win a generation" because the SNES was more powerful than the Genesis/Megadrive.

Kind of like saying There will never be an airplane because there has never been an airplane (before they invented the airplane that is).

Just because that's how it has been doesn't mean that's how it has to be. There are a lot of factors more important than processing power. If the N64 had used CD's instead of cartridges, it would have been an unstoppable force. In fact, the PS1 might have not had nearly the power of an N64, but it's success came from the disk format that allowed significantly more and better textures, increased audio and voicework and plenty of room for CGI and prerendered backgrounds. So in a way, the strength of the hardware is exactly why the PS1 beat the N64.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

My god. It is a fucking coincedence.

Coincedence! There is no divine miracle happening! There is no pattern! It is a pure coincedence! COINCEDENCES!

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

PS wasn't the weakest

F.U. Fun University.

Around the Network
gera4390 said:
PS wasn't the weakest

Um yeah it was. Both the N64 and Saturn were more powerful.

LOL u need to do more research. The ps wasnt the weakest that gen and the SNES was more powerful over all then the genesis... thats without any research so if I really got into it I could probably proove a couple more of those wrong.

My PSN Name is:  EvilChronos    add me if u want :)

END OF GENERATION PREDICTIONS  "9-21-08"

PS3=130M     360=90M     Wii=120M     DS=130M     PSP=70M

Other Prediction: The PS3 will overtake the 360 XMAS of 09  "9-21-08"

Very interesting observation.

Proud owner of all three consoles and handhelds.

Gamertag: MrKetchup911 (Add me up)

why does everyone think the PS and the SNES had more powerful processors than other consoles in it's generation. It's not true.

The Snes was actually more powerful than the genesis. Blast Processing!!! Bleh, Smes had Mode 7 and better a sound chip (designed by Sony.)