By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Music - off to a slow start in Japan?

@ dib8rman )

uhm...

isn't 3/789 = 0.0038023
and 789/3 = 263 ?

atleast I thought maths were internationally the same

Around the Network

Wii Music was the No. 3 game from the Nintendo Summit on the MTV Multiplayer Blog:
http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/10/06/my-nintendo-games-wii-music/

(Cave Story was #1, a DS Game was #2, Mad World #4, Tetris Party #5).

So this may actually be a LOT BETTER than people think it. It seems as if you have to play it to appreciate it. And that could mean word-of-mouth, legs, and huge sales.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

@Lafiel

Good catch, now whats your point?

Would you like me to edit that and mark the correction as per Lafiel?

Or

Would you like me to point out that you have the nasty little habit of not starting your sentences in capital letters or even using proper punctuation?

Either way counter productivity in any equation doesn't equal production.

By the way I'm serious about the first ultimatum.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

http://namidame.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1223377528/886

First Day Sales (sell-through)

[WII] Wii Music (Nintendo) - 54k (15%)

crho said:

http://namidame.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1223377528/886

First Day Sales (sell-through)

[WII] Wii Music (Nintendo) - 54k (15%)

120K for the first week, which by most accounts is about a third of what was shipped.

With the low pre-orders confirmed, it seems that Nintendo expected this to sell big numbers regardless. 

Will be interesting to see where it goes from here.  There must be a lot of stock on shelves.

I wonder if it is going to do a Mario Galaxy, and sell poorly from now until the holidays, when sales pick up again.

PSN - hanafuda

Around the Network

Why do people do this?

The christmas shopping season is barely a month away, so WHY are people acting confused over a lower than typical sales amount. I mean, you're comparing this to games released During hte holiday season, as well as out in the middle of the year when there aren't any impending holidays.

Any of the casual crowd that is going to be the primary purchaser of this is going to go "hey, Xmas is right around the corner. If i grab this now, then I can't use it as an Xmas present"

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Grey Acumen said:

Why do people do this?

The christmas shopping season is barely a month away, so WHY are people acting confused over a lower than typical sales amount. I mean, you're comparing this to games released During hte holiday season, as well as out in the middle of the year when there aren't any impending holidays.

Any of the casual crowd that is going to be the primary purchaser of this is going to go "hey, Xmas is right around the corner. If i grab this now, then I can't use it as an Xmas present"

I think Animal Crossing will be a far more popular Xmas present.

PSN - hanafuda

Interesting.
The difference that I can see between WiiFit/Sport/Play launches and Wii Music one is that the latter was in the slowest moment of the year ( before the holiday ) while Fit/Sport/Play all lauched around early december ( the start of the strong holiday season. Well also there is the fact that Sport/Play were released with the console launch... ).
Time will tell

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

tabsina said:
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=10632

deja vu

ironically he was right, Famitsu experts were wrong.

Unfortunatly for him however they were wrong because they understimated japanese WiiFit sales ( WiiFit is currently over 2.6 million units ).

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Saving this thread for future lolz