By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games with Poor Reviews that You Liked

Since it appears that every good game is thought to be bad by at least several persons here, I thought I would turn it around.

What games that got poor reviews did you play and like.

I will start it off by saying that I liked Game Party on the Wii -- so much I just bought Game Party 2.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

Red Steel, not half bad.

Legend of Dragoon

Yoshi's Story, Assassin's Creed, Lost Odyssey, Scarface, and probably a bajillion others I'm forgetting.

Superman Returns.

Sure the story makes no sense, combat sucks, and the mission are simply beat the crap out of all the baddies over and over again about 100 times. But the sense of speed and flight I get soaring through Metropolis or a mile above is a great rush, and worth the ten bucks I paid for it at a clearance sale. Couple that with a very few scant moments where you actually feel like Superman chasing after missile or ramming into an asteroid and I'm satisfied at that price.

Around the Network

Assassin's Creed, Lost Odyssey, Star Ocean 3

IGN God Hand review.  3.0 out of 10.

Any game that allows me to beat up midgets dressed in Power Ranger costumes is a winner in my book.

Plenty, but the most egregious offender is probably Star Wars: Rebellion.

I know, I know...

Blue Dragon
Final Fantasy XII (poor user reviews, not actual reviews)

Dynasty Warrior series! Consistently shit review, consistently brainless fun, never ever improves and I still love it:)