By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Music seems to be best compared to jazz.

That seems to be more or less what Nintendo is going for here. It just obviously didn't come across in the E3 conference.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

What do you mean?

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Jazz is freestyle music. At it's best, the muse is just flowing through you. At worst, can be cacophonous. But when done right, it can still sound melodic if the players have a good rapport.

This seems to be what Wii Music is trying to encourage, and also why musicians seem to like this more than rhythm games.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Maybe. I still think Nintendo doesn't even know who they are aiming this game to though.

I'll try it once it comes out.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
Maybe. I still think Nintendo doesn't even know who they are aiming this game to though.

I'll try it once it comes out.

With this game, they are aiming for everyone possible. That's what they've been discussing since they inroduced the Wiimote.

They even want gamers set in their ways, no matter how much bitching about "my Wii is collecting dust!" they make.

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
Jazz is freestyle music. At it's best, the muse is just flowing through you. At worst, can be cacophonous. But when done right, it can still sound melodic if the players have a good rapport.

This seems to be what Wii Music is trying to encourage, and also why musicians seem to like this more than rhythm games.

Actually, I would consider Jazz as "Chaotic complex system".

While calling Wii Music "White noise".

for those who knows a little about chaos theory should know exactly what I'm talking about.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Chaos theory doesn't apply here. This is about music, not trying to predict things in systems with too many factors to follow.

LordTheNightKnight said:

You got that from Malstrom, right?

I'm not sure what musicians he's been talking to...

I like the Utah Jazz, maybe I should get Wii Music then.

jazz is about playing notes from your soul
it's about agreeing with yourself, or however many other musicians are with you at the time, on a certain specific outlook on life at that very moment

wiimusic is about waving a piece of plastic around and having random notes that are in the right key come out

there is much more that a (worthwhile) musician puts into each note they play than simply knowing that it's in the right key, and randomly playing applicable notes.

Wii music bothers me because, I don't think it brings music to the masses, if anything, it does the opposite, making it even more difficult for people to find music as an outlet in there lives. It gives people the wrong idea about music. It makes music become a science, where the correct output is just any note that's in the right key.

The beauty of music, or any art, is creativity, and Wii Music does not offer that to players. Not that Guitar Hero does (previous installments at least, the new one coming out on the other hand...) But anyways, when people tell me that guitar hero is great and wii music is great because its exposing more people to music and getting people to start taking lessons or whatever, you know that's great, if you want to go learn how to play freebird and stairway to heaven, and can play them at parties for people, that's great, but I'd think it's truly great if you can pick up a guitar or any other instrument, and say something interesting, say something i've never heard before, tell me how you feel. I'd be glad to listen if you have something to say.

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout