By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Eurogamer LBP Review - 11:59 TODAY! (UK Time)

I'm glad that it got a good review. I hope it keeps it up.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
Euphoria14 said:
blazinhead89 said:
Euphoria14 said:
^ I loved the level where you needed to hop over the spinning tie. I loved starting off and slapping my opponents off the platform and reaping the rewards.

Regardless of what anyone says, users or reviewers, this game is by far one of the best I have played in a very long time. I mean a VERY LONG time.

Me and my girlfriend both love this game.

Yeah you kept bitch slapping me of the Elevator :P. And Demons skull was Great.

Damn right!!! I made you my biotch that night.

"What you wanna ride up?"

"Yes please."

"I don't think so."

SMACK!!!

Hahaha.

Contruction level was pretty good too. Pulling people off the screen with jetpacks on.

Game of the Year no doubt. It is pretty much the only original title this year. That alone solidified GOTY in my opinion.

Oct. 21st you become my biotch once again. GET READY!!!

I need to add a bunch of you to my PSN list.

Btw, everyone should play a level called "Illumina Garden".

Searching for "Illumina" sould bring it up.  ^_^

OT: I expect this to be one of the lower reviews. :P

I think my beta is still running!!!

I will try to find it now.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

"You'll never use [the create tools]" ?

I'll agree that the create mode can feel a little daunting at first and it's both helpful and annoying that there are tutorials for EVERYTHING, but once you get going, you can create and create.

Throughout most of yesterday and the first half of today I created a level and it was fun, I think it currently clocks in at around 4-5 minutes depending on if you go for everything or not (it's just over half of the thermometer). However, I will agree that building a level can have some frustrating parts. My most frustrating times have been when objects randomly become unglued when I connect areas together, but that can be toned down by building things in segments apart from one another (even if it's just a tiny space between them) and not connecting complex things to something else. Lastly, it can be a little difficult to work in the three depths, unless you build a part and and use the drag tool to move and glue it into place, it can be a bit complitcated if you want players to pass behind objects (like I've done on my level in numerous spots).

Anyway, I think being in the beta could solidify my chances on getting this game on the 21st.

a 9 from eurogamer wow. thats = to a game getting like 20/10 for the ps3 being as that site down marks every ps3 exclusive in existence. I mean they gave MGS4 an 8 so a 9 for this is epic whoop whoop i thought they were going to be a bunch of douches and give this game a 7 or an 8 at the most.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

I agree with the review's talk of the create mode. It's very complex and hard to use for the average person. Even a simple level takes hours to make, and a great level I can foresee taking days or even a week or two to complete, playtest, tweak, and finally publish. Only the highly dedicated are going to churn out anything of quality.

Though I will add as a qualifier to the end of that assessment, that it doesn't even matter that much. Even the poorly constructed stages are alot of fun to play if you're doing multiplayer.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network
Serious_frusting said:
a 9 from eurogamer wow. thats = to a game getting like 20/10 for the ps3 being as that site down marks every ps3 exclusive in existence. I mean they gave MGS4 an 8 so a 9 for this is epic whoop whoop i thought they were going to be a bunch of douches and give this game a 7 or an 8 at the most.

If they gave it a 7 they would be seriously stupid.

As I stated before.

There is NOTHING AVAILABLE right now in the same genre that can compare to LBP.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

The_vagabond7 said:

I agree with the review's talk of the create mode. It's very complex and hard to use for the average person. Even a simple level takes hours to make, and a great level I can foresee taking days or even a week or two to complete, playtest, tweak, and finally publish. Only the highly dedicated are going to churn out anything of quality.

Though I will add as a qualifier to the end of that assessment, that it doesn't even matter that much. Even the poorly constructed stages are alot of fun to play if you're doing multiplayer.

True, but even simple levels such as "rollercoaster" are fun as all hell for multiple people to play. Even if it is very short.

Regardless of the level, if someone keeps falling down and you put an angry face on your sackboy and throw his arms up you can't help but smile.

Currently playing:

When does the Beta end? It is 8:40 ET and my Beta is still going.

If I keep my PS3 on will I keep playing?

According to my PS3 my beta ended 1 and a half hours ago.

Currently playing:

The only thing that pisses me off about this thread are the people getting mad Eurogamer giving MGS4 an 8/10. I think that is a legitimate score. I don't think Halo 3 did deserve the 10/10, and I don't think MGS4 deserved it either, yet some sites gave it, but hey... that's their opinions and if they think it's the closest thing to perfect, so be it.

Me? I think this is a good review, and am also psyched for this game. Good review Eurogamer.

I tried playing this morning and I could do the single player levels, but I couldn't get into the "cool levels". Maybe I'll try again in just a minute.

Edit: I just tried, it told me the content was expired. I really hope it saves my profile and whatnot for the full game, I would hate to lose the hours I put into the couple of levels I made.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.