By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What can MS do to capture Others?

put a piece of desginer clothing into a bear trap.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

If they clone MrBubbles and Epsilons cats and include one free embryo bundled with every Xbox 360 sold they should take Others this Christmas by between 1-1.5 Million when compared to the Wii. If they do this, people will be forced to buy all 3 SKUs if they want a complete collection of kitties.

Tease.

oliminator1994 said:
@Chrizum just cos 360 is winning doesnt mean its done well. Cant you remember and didnt you read the 1st paragraphc about the 1 whole year headstart?

thats what i was gonna say. theres really nothing to boast over when you have a 1 year headstart and get caught by a console that launched with a bloody £425 price tag with the famous " no games" tag! and then cutting the price to freakin £129.99 just to outsell it for another few weeks!

oliminator1994 said:
Chrizum said:
oliminator1994 said:
@Chrizum just cos 360 is winning doesnt mean its done well. Cant you remember and didnt you read the 1st paragraphc about the 1 whole year headstart?

I'm not saying the 360 has done well. Fact is, both the 360 and the PS3 are failing when compared to the Wii. But to say the PS3 is dominating and the 360 is lagging is complete nonsense. If anything, it looks like PS3 will be dead last in both Others and Americas.

Thats BS cos PS3 will outsell the 360 is others and im certain of that.

"This time next year PS3 will be leading the 360 in Others. 

Im willing to have a bet on that so quote me

fuck that! ps3 will be in the lead by the end of this year! i bet on that. didnt sony say its already in the lead anyway? either way its gonna go ahead. theres absolutly NO DOUBT about that!

Give one away with buying a box of cereals.

Around the Network

They can produce a new sku, black, with bluray, wi-fi, 80gb HDD, ligth joystick and free network, besides putting a Sony brand on it..
Wait a minute...I think I recognise this console...
Jokes aside, brand is a strong thing and MS has a bad image outside US. The plataform may be good and cheap, but the brand ruins it´s chance. If nobody knew X360 was a MS console, would be flying in sales.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Well the 360 does not have anything left this gen it can do in others this gen apart from the following.

Give away 360's for free, at the price they are selling they might as well give them away for free.

Buy Nintendo.Buy Playstation

Buy the rights to GT. A few billion should cover it.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

aavidbacon said:
They can produce a new sku, black, with bluray, wi-fi, 80gb HDD, ligth joystick and free network, besides putting a Sony brand on it..
Wait a minute...I think I recognise this console...
Jokes aside, brand is a strong thing and MS has a bad image outside US. The plataform may be good and cheap, but the brand ruins it´s chance. If nobody knew X360 was a MS console, would be flying in sales.

WHy dose MS have such a bad image over there what did they do?

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Serious_frusting said:
Well the 360 does not have anything left this gen it can do in others this gen apart from the following.

Give away 360's for free, at the price they are selling they might as well give them away for free.

Buy Nintendo.Buy Playstation

Buy the rights to GT. A few billion should cover it.

This is a stupid post... lol There is a lot more they can do they got good games comming out such as gears 2 that should jump sales over there for a while. Plus the new halo 3 expansion thing

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Innovation, despite their record setting R&D costs, is sadly lacking from Microsoft. I mean come on a giant coffee table / plasma screen / iphone. A monkey could do better than that.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.