By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Toys "R" Us sale: buy 2 get 1 free(games), 40% off Wii points cards

crumas2 said:
coasterlove said:
Darn, I wish I read this yesterday about the Wii Points since I don't know if I'll be able to head to Toys R Us today and don't want to buy online really. Maybe I'll still get out there and also check out the games too.

Good luck finding the point cards.  They were completely sold out at our local store within an hour of opening.

I need more thanluck. I decided to try online anyway and went through the process of ordering the cards. I thought getting four of them would be good. When I went to the next screen, it changed it to three for $11.99 and one for the regular price. I tried to change it on that screen and update. It again changed it to three for the sale price one for the regular so obviously they're limiting how many you can buy. So I thought I would just get the three then and when I finally go to place the order and have it sent, it tells me it's not available. I think that's BS! I could understand if it's not available in stores because it's only realistic to have so many in a store. It's ridiculous that they can't fill an online order of an item that they will obviously replenish soon. They were probably losing money on the sales and decided to essentially cut it off. A good sale but poor way of executing it and leaves a negative opinion of Toys R Us in my opinion.

Maybe I might still give them a try later this week and see about some games...maybe.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

Around the Network

sweet. Might be a good time to pick up SMG, Smash Bros and MKWii.. Might make a visit on Wednesday

coasterlove said:

I need more thanluck. I decided to try online anyway and went through the process of ordering the cards. I thought getting four of them would be good. When I went to the next screen, it changed it to three for $11.99 and one for the regular price. I tried to change it on that screen and update. It again changed it to three for the sale price one for the regular so obviously they're limiting how many you can buy. So I thought I would just get the three then and when I finally go to place the order and have it sent, it tells me it's not available. I think that's BS! I could understand if it's not available in stores because it's only realistic to have so many in a store. It's ridiculous that they can't fill an online order of an item that they will obviously replenish soon. They were probably losing money on the sales and decided to essentially cut it off. A good sale but poor way of executing it and leaves a negative opinion of Toys R Us in my opinion.

Maybe I might still give them a try later this week and see about some games...maybe.

Take a look at my posting about what happened when I tried to buy a Wii Zapper and get the discount. :-/

I wish the rest of you luck. My local places are already sold out of Wii Points cards....

yea, this was posted awhile ago LOL. anyways for those that are saying that there are no good games out now or y this week instead of next week, u can do the place holder method. U buy 2 games that u dont want, dont open it, keep the receipt and return those 2 games when the games that u want are released. Some ppl say that for them it didnt work and some say that it works flawlessly, so u should ask the cashier or manager if u can.

Around the Network

Deadspace, Saints row and Socom free

^ I was thinking of getting Dead Space, and EDF for free but I still don't know what I want for the 2nd game...if only i hadn't purchased Kameo from Gamecrazy>

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Grahamhsu said:
^ I was thinking of getting Dead Space, and EDF for free but I still don't know what I want for the 2nd game...if only i hadn't purchased Kameo from Gamecrazy><

Just hold on to the 2nd game u dont want and return it to walmart in nov

i just went today and picked up 6000 wii pts for $40...im gonna go back in a couple days when dead space comes out and pick up that, wario land, and nhl 09

"If new things are so great, where have they been the whole time?"

Looks like i picked the right time to buy a PS3.

Instead of buying one game to test the system I can get two and a Wii game.

Or just three PS3 games depending what they have.