By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle NA/EU publishers confirmed!

--OkeyDokey-- said:

What would be so bad about Ubisoft publishing it? What difference would it make?

In No More Heroes case, Ubisoft cheaped out and canned the cool comic that covered the story's prologue that was in the manual and compensated by putting up a censored version on the website.

Around the Network

I'm glad Europe is getting two version instead of just the mild version! I really gotto get my hands on the first game.

BrainBoxLtd said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

What would be so bad about Ubisoft publishing it? What difference would it make?

In No More Heroes case, Ubisoft cheaped out and canned the cool comic that covered the story's prologue that was in the manual and compensated by putting up a censored version on the website.

Okay.

@ tres
What do you mean "ruin"? God, you Ubisoft whiners are annoying.
Yeah No More Heroes was only Suda's best selling game ever and the first one to get a sequel. Ubisoft really fucked them over! >_>

the game barely got online ads, it had no tv ads in NA (dont know about other regions)

@OkeyDoky (aka as the anti Nintendo troll on game pages): Did you know Ubisoft didn't advertise the game AT ALL? They were just in for the quick bucks, they didn't even care about this game being a hit or not. Quick bucks is what they wanted. They also removed the manual that came with the game that Europeans and Japanese got.

NMH deserved to be advertised, it wasnt a quick fugly game like the ones Ubisoft does, this was a serious effort from Suda. Good that they realized about that and they will never go back to Ubisoft again :)

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

ubisoft makes and adverstive their games

assasin creed sold over 7 million on hd consoles.

no more heroes didn't sold well because of the demographics.

Has anyone honestly ever seen an ad for any game published by Marvelous? I know I haven't.

Stop blaming poor sales on the Ubisoft. It was a niche game.

@Jo21: Stop trolling, you are getting really annoying. Just leave this thread, we know you hate the Wii. Sell yours fast so we won't have to see you again in any Nintendo forum behaving like a clown.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Jo21 said:
ubisoft makes and adverstive their games

assasin creed sold over 7 million on hd consoles.

no more heroes didn't sold well because of the demographics.

wait didnt you say you dont visit nintendo threads?

@OkeyDokey: I don't live in the USA, so we dont get any ads here. Anyways XSEED/Marvelous are bringing a lot of their games to the west, so I expect a good amount of ads for those games. I know they aren't doing it in vain.

Hell, Ubiport doesnt advertise many of their own Wii games. Brother in Arms wasnt advertised at all, they hoped that uninformed people would confuse it with the actual new game that was being released on the HD consoles. Yea, they are that cheap and dirty.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies