By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Prediction: X360 will outsell Wii this Christmas

Prediction: It will snow kittens this Christmas...

... green kittens.

Mine has better odds.

Around the Network

Elementary school is this way...

I think this is very possible. All three systems have a good reason why they should win this holiday. Avatars, $200, Netflix, Sirius, Lips, Your in the Movies, Fable 2, The Last Remenant, and Nuts and bolts are all very good reasons to buy a 360 this year. Gears of War is a great reason for former RRODers to get another 360. It is all about letting the mainstream public know what each console offers. The company that markets the best can win this christams. I believe each company has a product that could make their console the must have item this winter, and Wii in first is not set in stone. If Wii music takes off then Wii will win, if one of MS's new products or services take off they have a shot, and even the PS3 has a shot if Blu-ray, LBP, or Home become something. It a game of marketing now, and I really truly think everyone has a chance.

Please Note: Things in this day and age can change so fast it is almost hard to tell just what happened. One day someone can become famous from something on You Tube or because they impressed the right people. When it comes to a product, they holidays are an especially volatile time. In a matter of days something can go from who knew, to how do I get one. So don't get all bent out of shape, saying this can not happen, or we already know Nintendo will win is not fact.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

impossible!!!!!

@Soriku: How dare you bring logic to a fanboy topic?

Shame on you, you have derailed and ruined the thread. I'm gonna report you now.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

it doesnt matter, the DS/PSP will outsell both.

yo_john117 said:
impossible!!!!!

Impossible it is.

@Seraphic

PSP? When, where, how?

Sephiroth357 said:
yo_john117 said:
impossible!!!!!

Impossible it is.

@Seraphic

PSP? When, where, how?

Dont Judge me! :P

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Sephiroth357 said:
yo_john117 said:
impossible!!!!!

Impossible it is.

@Seraphic

PSP? When, where, how?

Dont Judge me! :P

I won't.

Soriku said:
@KBG

Things don't just happen. There's gotta be a reason. The 360 is outselling the PS3 by only some 30k units but isn't even TOUCHING the Wii. Why would the 306 suddenly outsell the Wii?

Well hey, here's my prediction: The Dreamcast will rise from the dead and sell 1 million units per month starting November 1. How is this possible? There is no reason! Anything can happen!

My prediction is as reasonable as yours. Meaning not reasonable at all.

The Dreamcast is not inproduction anymore so that would be very hard, I agree. Right now the 360 is in production, and Microsoft is trying to sell the system. If the netflix deal, or avatars make 360 the must have item this holiday then it could sell like crazy. You are right that something has to happen, and I had stated what could happen in my orignal post. I knew someone would get all defensive over that post, and that is why I said please note. Get a reality check, I am not a fan of 360, and if I had to bet all my money on which console would sell the most this holiday I would go with Wii. I do know that sometimes things that look like a fact sometimes fail to come true. Tiger Woods wins almost every time he plays, and a lot of times by a good amount, but sometimes someone will pull out an exclusive (lucky shot), or find a new feature (something clicks) that will give them and edge.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL