By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GamePro reviews dead space - 5/5

Dead Space is a riveting survival horror game, unflinchingly violent from start to finish. Blindly unpredictable and incredibly intense, Dead Space keeps your heart pumping the entire game. It's got aliens, zero-g shootouts, blood, guts, and broken bones. It's unnervingly tense one moment and piss-your-pants terrifying the next. It's an exhilarating tale of aliens, claustrophobia, and isolation in a dark corner of outer space where no one can hear you scream.

THE BOTTOM LINE: Dead Space is a showcase piece of dark-side entertainment that rivals the marvelous designs of such games as BioShock, Gears of War, and Resident Evil 4. But be advised that it is definitely not for the queasy or the faint of heart. Still, if you can stomach its horrors, you will be rewarded with one of the best survival horror experiences ever created.

http://www.gamepro.com/article/reviews/207445/dead-space-page-1-of-2/

nice ,,,fi it gets 2 more good reviews ,i will seriously consider it even though there are 16 games coming out on PS3 which i m already intrested in.

Around the Network

thats impressive....anymore reviews like this and I just might give it a try. I'm not a big fan of survival horror games tho...

the game looks really good, i wonder why there isn't any hype surrounding it

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

i just watched the ign video review for this game and they really liked it as well, it looks amazing and seems very atmospheric. I didn't even hear about this game until I read a preview of it in the newspaper (yes thats right a newspaper!)

its not my kind of game but it definantly looks good

wii friend code: 3164-3458-9149-5470

PSN ID: youjiro87

360 Gamertag: PM me to find out!

chapset said:
the game looks really good, i wonder why there isn't any hype surrounding it

I've noticed a lot of hype on other forums, just little to none on VGC.  I don't really like survival horror, but the game does look pretty good.

Around the Network

Like I've said before, I'm expecting this game more than Resistance 2 and Gears of War 2! This game is going to be this Christmas' little gem! ^^

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

I think the lack of buzz about this game is due to the fact that it's EA. Nobody really expects much from a non-sports EA game.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

i am really impressed with the reviews dead space is getting, i seriously consider getting this game

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

Why are people so cautious about getting this game? Can you all not admit greatness when you see it?

dougsdad0629 said:
I think the lack of buzz about this game is due to the fact that it's EA. Nobody really expects much from a non-sports EA game.

I would say at least imo that it's the exact opposite.  The non sports EA games have been pretty good lately.  They have been branching out to new IP's and have a general uptick in overall quality.  Granted they weren't developers for everygame but here is just a list I pulled off Wikipedia.

2008:
Army of Two
Battlefield: Bad Company
Boom Blox
Burnout Paradise
C&C: Red Alert 3
Crysis Warhead
Dead Space
Mercenaries 2
Mirror's Edge
Rock Band 2
Spore