By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I congratulate microsoft for getting 3 rpg`s out in japan

blackstar said:
mrstickball said:
WKC will be lucky to move 50k PS3s this Christmas.

As for FFXIII - It'd be hard to say that XIII will move 1m consoles when it's unlikely the game is going to sell like older parts of the series have. Look at MGS4: It sold well over 650,000 units of software, but moved under 100,000 consoles. FFXIII if lucky, may sell 3x that. How can it sell a million hardware units then?

the older parts moved 1m consoles ?? that was huggggge

FF can do better with a price cut there, the ps3 is still expensive

I imagine we'll see a price drop for GT5 and FF13 next year.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

sony should cut the price of the ps3 in japan when ff13 comes out and they will pull a psp.

blackstar said:
mrstickball said:
WKC will be lucky to move 50k PS3s this Christmas.

As for FFXIII - It'd be hard to say that XIII will move 1m consoles when it's unlikely the game is going to sell like older parts of the series have. Look at MGS4: It sold well over 650,000 units of software, but moved under 100,000 consoles. FFXIII if lucky, may sell 3x that. How can it sell a million hardware units then?

the older parts moved 1m consoles ?? that was huggggge

FF can do better with a price cut there, the ps3 is still expensive

Mind showing me a few weeks where any Playstation console sold close to 1 million hardware units when a Final Fantasy launched?

VII - 165k Hardware Units Sold

VIII - 108k Hardware Units Sold

IX - 65k Hardware Units Sold

And so on. As you can see, any given Final Fantasy has never created a major bump...So my question is: How is XIII going to move 1 million hardware units, and when is going to move those hardware units? I can agree that XIII has the ability to get 1 million PS3 owners, and such - Maybe even 1m people to buy a PS3 for XIII. But I'd argue that the vast majority have already bought a PS3 for it already, versus buying it later on. Since the PS3 is such a massive financial undertaking at the moment, with very little incentive for the J-Gamer to own.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Yeah microsoft is doing a great job in trying to succed in Japan.

Skeeuk said:
MontanaHatchet said:
What about Eternal Sonata, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, and although I'm not sure if it was released in Japan, Enchanted Arms? And wasn't there a Phantasy Star game on the 360? I can't be bothered to check since I'm about to watch an old Bond film.

As for the PS3 boosts, the 360 went from 951 hardware sales the week before Infinite Undiscovery to 28,719 sales on the launch week for the game. Are you really telling me that the launch of White Knight or FF13 could give a boost ten times as much?

combined definatly will, final fantasy 13 will be a major system seller i predict nearly a million ps3 sold because of that game

yes the other games u mentioned have already been out, i was in fact referring to the recent ones

Ok so u combined it now? LOL. So what about all the boosts the 360 got from all the RPGs it released? Man this guy is the definition of a fanboy. He thinks a million PS3's will be sold due to FF13. FF13 Japan doesn't equal Halo 3 Americas in terms of HW sold.