By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Question about the Dark Knight

My question is: since Heath Ledger died, did they still have to pay him?

If they did pay him, who got all the money since he's dead? Did he have kids or a wife.

Around the Network

He probably got the money before he died.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

He had a daughter and everything he owned is going to her, so that would include anything he makes from the movie.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I am sure they are still contractually obligated to pay him or his heirs, including any percentage of the revenue he was entitled to.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

i dont know! i only watched the end of it...

Around the Network

Don't believe the hype. It wasn't his last movie. He died halfway through Gilliam's next movie, and is being replaced by a super-actor combo of Ledger/ColinFarrel/JohnyDepp/JudeLaw. I think it's a robot.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Don't believe the hype. It wasn't his last movie. He died halfway through Gilliam's next movie, and is being replaced by a super-actor combo of Ledger/ColinFarrel/JohnyDepp/JudeLaw. I think it's a robot.

What Rubang said, and that movie is gonna be awesome because Gilliam is directing it.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Yeah the daughter gets it, and depending on how it's decided, it would either go away until she's 18 or it would go to Michelle Williams, which is the kid's mother. Anyways, that kid is set for life.

I'm wondering what the hell they're going to do with the franchise now. The Dark Knight inadvertently pushed Nolan into a corner.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Hoe ironic that the one superhero movie where the villain is not killed off the actor who plays him is.

Beja-Beja said:
Hoe ironic that the one superhero movie where the villain is not killed off the actor who plays him is.

I personally would have reshot the ending after Ledger passed away. There was a lot more they could have done with Eckhart...a LOT more. For all of Batman's rogues gallery, Nolan's version does not work well with most of them. They will come off as much too campy and ridiculous after the ramping up of tension the movies are taking. The only legitimate choices are Zsazz, the Riddler(highly toned down in character), Talia Al Ghul, the Penguin and Bane. It's much too early to introduce a proper Bane story, because there's no beforehand knowledge of any Arkham Asylum inmates besides Scarecrow.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.