By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The reason why Nintendo is not having huge sales in US...

Now if only there were games to buy for the Wii this holiday season.

Around the Network

agree with onimusha =(

w00t!

Go Ninty!

agree with Rol :'(

Hmmm, does this mean 50% more Wiis for Others too?

If so the Wii will make a run at 50 million... Most likely falling short but 1-2 million.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Gorgory said:
agree with Rol :'(

Nintendo has abandoned the hardcore.

You've seen the light.

That's interesting - with all the talk of records breaking, that means the Wii expected to outsell the DS in America? The DS did outsell the Wii by about 50% last holiday season, though, and seeing how it's been up YoY I dunno...

Btw, noname's gif is awesome.

agree with my previous agreement with rol )';

Millennium said:
Soriku said:
50%? Woah. How much would they ship then? Like 3.6 mil?

I think Reggie's only talking about the US. Maybe they're dedicating the entire November boost to the NA market; that should work out to roughly the proportions Reggie is mentioning.

This news has been around a while actually... The Source even mentioned it in a news article

The 50% increase is refering to USA, for the quarter, compared to last year.

VGC has sales in Americas at over 3.3 million for Oct-Dec.... 50% increase would be 5 million for the next three months (well we are half a week in sales wise)

So The Americas sales should be somewhere around 19-19.5 million by the end of the year.

-------

Edit... good god I left this window open a while, there were only a few replies when I read through this.... and yeah I used sales instead of shipments like I should have done... so Nintendo will be shpping about 5.5 million to the Americas this quarter.

This is the reason why the Wii pwned every console this week.