By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The reason why Nintendo is not having huge sales in US...

Just how much is Nintendo going to increase Wii, DS shipments to North America?

An excerpt from a CNN Money blog…

The company will increase its Wii shipment by 50% from the same period a year ago for the retail quarter. Nintendo will also bump up shipments of the DS, its popular handheld, by 10%, says Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime.

Link

Nintendo is going to increase the shipment in about 50%... they are obvisouly sending less Wii's to stores in the past weeks.

Around the Network

I actually thought their sales were huge =P

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

And thus The world ends in the greatest way possible.... A Cataclysmic wave of Wii's Crashing down upon us... Believe it or not... this is always how I thought it would end... :)

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

=p

Soriku said:
50%? Woah. How much would they ship then? Like 3.6 mil?

I think Reggie's only talking about the US. Maybe they're dedicating the entire November boost to the NA market; that should work out to roughly the proportions Reggie is mentioning.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Around the Network

wii is gonna be HUGE this holiday season, i expect some records to be broken.

wii fc : 7188 5379 1382 7074
smash fc :2234 6924 8637

gamertag : Dano2688

I expect some records....

That is quite a large increase for the Wii, and it's about time.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

I guess they will start sending more Wii's starting black friday.

wii is usually low in september anyway for some reason

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia