By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Sarah Palin abused power ...

Kasz216 said:
ManusJustus said:

But don't drink the Koolaid and think the Democrats built a time machine and managed to convince a Republican Alaska legislature to investigate Palin before she became a VP candidate.

If they knew there was a chance she could be VP and out of Alaska they probably wouldn't of started the whole illegal investigation process.

Haha 

sip sip sip

Around the Network
ManusJustus said:
Kasz216 said:
ManusJustus said:

But don't drink the Koolaid and think the Democrats built a time machine and managed to convince a Republican Alaska legislature to investigate Palin before she became a VP candidate.

If they knew there was a chance she could be VP and out of Alaska they probably wouldn't of started the whole illegal investigation process.

Haha 

sip sip sip

What?  It was an illegal investigation.  Investigations in such matters can only be conducted by the correct comittee.

The fact that you either don't know or don't care just shows an ignorance influenced by bias.

I personally hate the woman... i can't think of a politician i'd less like to be VP.  (Unless Dan Quayle counts) 

However the investigation is a sham.

As is most of the shit people try and dig up against her because they're too afraid to debate against her ass backwords policys for some reason.  (Probably because a lot of people agree with said positions while nobody agrees with made up bullshit.)

halogamer1989 said:
LIES!!! Wooten threatened Palin's dad and was abusive to her sister. If I were her, I would not only fire Monegan, I'd kick him where the sun don't shine...

Fix'd.

The report is there. Moneghan was harassed repeatedly to get rid of Wooten. It's there and was a contributing factor. It really just bruises her transparent, outsider appeal. However, based on the kind of nutz the GOP attracts to rallies, and where they get their news, it won't matter.

It would take an act of God to get the Straight Talk Express back on track at this point.

Kasz216 said:
madskillz said:

From AP:

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - A legislative committee investigating Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has found she unlawfully abused her authority in firing the state's public safety commissioner.

The investigative report concludes that a family grudge wasn't the sole reason for firing Public Safety Commissioner Walter Monegan but says it likely was a contributing factor.

The Republican vice presidential nominee has been accused of firing a commissioner to settle a family dispute. Palin supporters have called the investigation politically motivated.

Monegan says he was dismissed as retribution for resisting pressure to fire a state trooper involved in a bitter divorce with the governor's sister. Palin says Monegan was fired as part of a legitimate budget dispute.

If I remember right... wasn't this legislative comitee abusing their power by investigating this?

Since that job belonged to a totally different council and it was just obvious they were breaking the law to try and "get" her. I don't like the women either... but this councils findings aren't suprising and shouldn't be noted.

Palin has a lot of enemies in Alaska and they pulled an illegal investigation to make stuff up. Funny since it just means they're going to have to put up with her longer when McCain loses.

No. The Alaska State Personnel Board probe was the one Todd and Sarah said they'd cooperate with. This is the probe - the Legis one -  that was panned as political, despite the fact GOPers outnumbered the Dems big time. The ASPB probe is loaded with her people - and of course, she'd much rather cooperate with that probe than the one she, nor her husband, testified in. The State Personnel Board probe is the fake one - the Branchflower report is the real report.

MrBubbles said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
MrBubbles, the panel voted UANIMOUSLY to adopt this report. And it has more Republicans than Democrats.

do you have a link? (no liberal blogs as your sources this time please) since they couldnt even agree to release the report i have a hard time believing they agreed on the investigation

The bipartisan Legislative Council, which commissioned the investigation after Monegan was fired, unanimously adopted the 263-page public report after a marathon executive session Friday.

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/11/palin.investigation/index.html

Around the Network

Madskillz--CNN? Please. Can u say In the Tank?

halogamer1989 said:
Madskillz--CNN? Please. Can u say In the Tank?

You claim CNN, NBC and ABC are in the tank for Obama. Interesting, because they report both sides of the story. If I want a GOP slant, I'll listen to the NY Post or FOX. Open your eyes - you want propaganda, not real news. Get a clue and realize news on MSM - and if it's negative, son, it's still news.

Your party keeps me laughing.

masterb8tr said:
God i hope you americans dont vote for MacCain

LOL - nah, most folks I know aren't fooled by the Christian right's attempt or GOP's scare tactics. Why would I vote for a party that's got it wrong for 8 years? What can they possibly do that they didn't do 8 years ago? I am better off than I was 8 years ago, but I had to move around to achieve it. Nope, this is one brother they aren't fooling - and I am not alone.

madskillz said:
masterb8tr said:
God i hope you americans dont vote for MacCain

LOL - nah, most folks I know aren't fooled by the Christian right's attempt or GOP's scare tactics. Why would I vote for a party that's got it wrong for 8 years? What can they possibly do that they didn't do 8 years ago? I am better off than I was 8 years ago, but I had to move around to achieve it. Nope, this is one brother they aren't fooling - and I am not alone.

McCain has disagreed with Bush on climate change, the war strategy, immigration, green initiatives, bi-partisan legislation, etc.  McSame is a LAME strategy.

ManusJustus said:
bigjon said:
Democrats are saying the GOP VP canidate abused power... shocking.

A bipartisan investigation that started before Palin was a national political figure concluded that Govenor Palin absued her power.

This doesnt mean that people shouldnt support the McCain/Palin ticket, it means that Palin made a bad decision as govenor. Admit that she did wrong but that this issue doesn't bother you, or you think other issues are more important, or you can even agree with her actions.

But don't drink the Koolaid and think the Democrats built a time machine and managed to convince a Republican Alaska legislature to investigate Palin before she became a VP candidate.

This. You speaketh the truth.