By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Sarah Palin abused power ...

I find it dubious that this will have an effect on the election. It may look bad but I think most Americans are probably unaware this is happening.

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:
Sansui said:

The reason there was this huge, exhaustive investigation was to find out if Monegan was just trying to get back at Palin for firing him or if there was indeed an abuse of power and/or wrongful firing.

I don't think the investigation concludes a wrongful firing, as it is a right of the governor to fire staff, but by violating a state ethics LAW there is at least an abuse of power, and Monegan WILL have recourse to press charges now if he chooses.

Are you saying you understand the entire situation of this case better than the investigators who've spent the last couple months on this, talked to countless witnesses and gone over countless public records/recordings/emails etc?  Cause that's what it sounds like you're saying :P

wonder why it hasnt even been endorsed by the committee....

but since she didnt violate any LAW....all he can do is continue to throw his feelings around

i know that monegan stated she never spoke to him about it.  and that it was just a feeling he had that it was related to wooten.   (btw you might not want to tell people you cant count to 24)

Bill Clinton didn't violate any laws getting his jimmy sucked in office, does that make it OK? 

Do you think people were more upset over the fact that he was charged with perjury or the fact that he got a BJ in the Oval Office?  I rest my case.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Most people have heard about troopergate. Especially with all the fuss palin and the mccain campaign have made themselves about deriding it as a 'political circus'.

This will be headline material in papers tomorrow

Jackson50 said:
I find it dubious that this will have an effect on the election. It may look bad but I think most Americans are probably unaware this is happening.

ill have to agree   it really doesnt matter what mccain or obama do because Barr has had the raced locked up since the start

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

akuma587 said:

Bill Clinton didn't violate any laws getting his jimmy sucked in office, does that make it OK? 

Do you think people were more upset over the fact that he was charged with perjury or the fact that he got a BJ in the Oval Office?  I rest my case.

hillary didnt seem to have an issue, so ill say ...yes.

perjury...   what exactly is your case?

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
Sansui said:
It is so pointless arguing with mrbubbles. I will not give into his baiting however.... it's a sad enough life to suffer that level of ignorance without me making it worse for him :(

bottom line, abuse of power, clear as day, election = obama's.

madskillz said:
Sansui said:
It is so pointless arguing with mrbubbles. I will not give into his baiting however.... it's a sad enough life to suffer that level of ignorance without me making it worse for him :(

bottom line, abuse of power, clear as day, election = obama's.

This appropriately sums up my experiences arguing with mrbubbles in the past.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

logic and facts can be hard to argue against so i wont hold your inability to do so against any of you.

She did violate the law. It wasn't the firing that was illegal, it was using her office to pressure people to fire wooten. And even though she did not directly say it, the implication was clear. When you have that many calls from staff saying that wooten is a menace and they don't understand why he is still there what do you think that is?

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

hes a drunk menace that tasered a child.  if i heard about a police officer that did that, id be contacting someone too.