By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So the xbox 360 sales rose from last week

darthdevidem01 said:
@Kirby007

so M$ fanboys said this would be the end of the Ps3...but it ISN'T which I find hilarious.

360 is about to zoom pass the last xbox console...can you say the same thing about the PS3...last place, and the gap is getting bigger.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network
papflesje said:
Ronster316 said:
So the 360 is hitting its PEAK at the best time of the year to cash in........

Nice one microsoft

Two words.............. Ker-Ching ££££££££££££££ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Weren't they just barely profitable with the past sku's?  I thought they were selling at a loss with this price cut?  If so, not much "ker-ching" then. (at least not from the consoles)

xbox live...... Ker-Ching

xbox live arcade is kicking ass....... Ker-Ching

Best games tie ratio of all 3 current gen consoles........... Ker-Ching

360 Consoles now cheaper to produce......... Ker-Ching

Bottom line___________________________

Ronster316 said:
papflesje said:
Ronster316 said:
So the 360 is hitting its PEAK at the best time of the year to cash in........

Nice one microsoft

Two words.............. Ker-Ching ££££££££££££££ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Weren't they just barely profitable with the past sku's?  I thought they were selling at a loss with this price cut?  If so, not much "ker-ching" then. (at least not from the consoles)

xbox live...... Ker-Ching

xbox live arcade is kicking ass....... Ker-Ching

Best games tie ratio of all 3 current gen consoles........... Ker-Ching

360 Consoles now cheaper to produce......... Ker-Ching

Bottom line___________________________

MONEY MONEY AND MO MONEY

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I hope both do well and wii sales start going down.

CaptDS9E said:
People seem to forget one thing. Sony does not want to be "even" with the 360. They need to be selling more then the 360 at a steady stream for a while to catch up in numbers in the US, and in other areas being outsold is not great position either. Sony was the last generation leader by a TON. They made huge $$ because game sales on their console was gangbusters. GTA came out, everyone bought it on the Playstation, same for Tekken, DMC, Guitar Hero, etc. A percentage of each went to sony from those sales. When they look at the numbers, and see at least 50% of those sales on their competitors platform its gotta hurt the bottom line.

They dropped the price because jasper chipsets are cheaper to make than falcon.

Also if there barely making money on hardware(there probaly losing a little) software, xbl(14 million membersx5 bucks a month), and xbox originals/arcade clearly make up for it.

Around the Network

no objection, 360 had become the best console in this gen.

darthdevidem01 said:
Ps3 sales rose to...

DOse this thread have anything to do with the ps3 no so who cares man go make your own thread if you want to talk about the ps3. Back on topic i expect this to be the normal sales of the 360 for a while and only increase in the days to come =)

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

aare some of you forgetting that these numbers are estimates? yeh i know NPD are estimates too but they are the official sales for america so wait for NPD first. shouldnt get too ahead of ourselves! i remember last time everyone thought the 360 was outselling the ps3 for a few weeks, it turned out it wasnt!