By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Huh, i wonder if the Wii actually IS losing it's steam....

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
RolStoppable said:
What is happening to the Wii? It's having trouble to outsell the HD consoles combined worldwide lately.

I guess it's time for damage control: Nintendo is preparing for a monster holiday quarter and therefore has shipped less Wiis during the last couple of weeks. That's the reason why Wii sales are so sluggish lately.

Now I feel better.

Nintendomination needs no damage control!

Also:

Yeah Rol, I just wanted to say...

Bam!!!

Gameova!!!

This needs too be quoted a couple of times

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Hmm weird week. It seems like its showing starting increases for pre holiday season but Wii didn't follow that trend. I didn't think it was still supply short in America but I might be wrong. But still makes no sense considering Ninty really needs to start shipping more by now.

RolStoppable said:
What is happening to the Wii? It's having trouble to outsell the HD consoles combined worldwide lately.

I guess it's time for damage control: Nintendo is preparing for a monster holiday quarter and therefore has shipped less Wiis during the last couple of weeks. That's the reason why Wii sales are so sluggish lately.

Now I feel better.

The fad is over.  Nintendo is hoping that Wii Music will revive the fad but it will kill gaming and there will no longer be any consoles after November. 

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

this is a low time for wii historically, thatll change with wii music release

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Now I feel better.

Ummm...... maybe because one the HD consoles is below the price of the Wii? Maybe thats helping it?

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

Fad isn't over it's just a supply issue.
But if the financial crisis gets worse and we enter a deep recession Nintendo is going to wish they had shipped a lot more Wii these previous years, even if it had meant reducing production later in the Wii cycle....

Wii is probably going to suffer a little these preholydays months too as aside from Wii Music the Wii catalog in the coming months isn't really better and beyond the HD consoles catalog ( there's never been as many decent HD titles coming out as there are in the next 2 months).

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

MontanaHatchet said:

I don't know if it's just me, but I am becoming completely disinterested in the HD war. Even if one of them had a 40k lead over the other some week, it didn't really change the course of the "war." Even when the PS3 was selling 50k or more over the 360 each week, the 360 was kicking the PS3's ass in software all the time. And if the PS3 is destined to overtake the 360, it will. It won't be like the race between the Xbox and Gamecube where so much as a butterfly getting killed 10 million years ago would have decided the outcome of the 2nd and 3rd place of the last generation.

Looks to me like your confidence in the ps3 overtaking the 360 is weaning. Welcome to the real world.

it's not that the wii is low it's that the 360 is higher. With 360 selling 50-60K higher than usual the wii would have to sell 100-120k higher to outsell both combined. If the 360 was at 120k like normal the wii would have easily outsold both combined.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

RolStoppable said:

Now I feel better.

Heh, damage control for nearly 50% market share.

I feel better, too, nevertheless.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz