By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

clearly the effect of the price drop hasn't fallen to normal levels yet, but with a 45k lead this week it seems unlikely that the 360 will drop below the PS3 soon. It won't fall very much more in japan, just a couple 2 or 3k at most. Others is the region where it will probably fall the most because the price cut was the most recent but it won't fall that far. The price cut in NA appears to have made quite a bit of a difference.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
selnor said:

At this rate the 360 is roughly gaining 100,000 every 2 weeks and 3 days. So in a month it's gaining about 180,000. If they can gain the moment over christmas the weekly win could be as much as 80- 100,000/week.

Like I mentioned, the recession will help the lower priced consoles over Xmas, imo. MS also seems to have garnered at least a little interest in Japan, so it won't be entirely forgotten there, with TLR coming out.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Come on.How come people are so amazed for Xbox 360 winning PS3 in America?
Then people should be amazed Wii for beating XBox 360.

Take my love, take my land..

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Skeeuk said:
360 price cut effect climbing down now, in next few weeks will be the tell tale for 360

I think the best way to judge the price cut is to look at long term trends. I didn't agree with short term analysis when the price cut looked like it didn't work, and I don't agree with it now, when the price cut looks like it owned.

The only way to judge its affect is in the long term. Especially when the cut moves it into the mainstream pricepoint.

Anyone think the recession will favor the cheapest console, though?

I agree totally. as far as the recession goes it's hard to say. best value in Consumers minds will Win out.

LOL. PS3 Double the price but doesn't get outsold by Double (360). 360 Half the price, Not Double The Sales tho ;)

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
What is happening to the Wii? It's having trouble to outsell the HD consoles combined worldwide lately.

I guess it's time for damage control: Nintendo is preparing for a monster holiday quarter and therefore has shipped less Wiis during the last couple of weeks. That's the reason why Wii sales are so sluggish lately.

Now I feel better.

Nintendomination needs no damage control!

Also:

Yeah Rol, I just wanted to say...

Bam!!!

Gameova!!!

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I don't know if it's just me, but I am becoming completely disinterested in the HD war. Even if one of them had a 40k lead over the other some week, it didn't really change the course of the "war." Even when the PS3 was selling 50k or more over the 360 each week, the 360 was kicking the PS3's ass in software all the time. And if the PS3 is destined to overtake the 360, it will. It won't be like the race between the Xbox and Gamecube where so much as a butterfly getting killed 10 million years ago would have decided the outcome of the 2nd and 3rd place of the last generation.

Everything went up over last week, some game must have came out.
Good week for all.

Great numbers for the 360 in America and Worldwide. It may, just may I think reduce the 1.5 million consoles that the Ps3 has outsold it WW to just 600K-850K.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

RolStoppable said:
What is happening to the Wii? It's having trouble to outsell the HD consoles combined worldwide lately.

I guess it's time for damage control: Nintendo is preparing for a monster holiday quarter and therefore has shipped less Wiis during the last couple of weeks. That's the reason why Wii sales are so sluggish lately.

Now I feel better.

That's probably the case but I totally don't understand the reasonning behind it...

Lets ship less units now while people still have some money and the recession hasn't really hit them much and we'll ship more units when people start to feel the effect of the recession and are starting to hurt real bad for money.....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !