By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

360 went up in NA. I guess all those 360 ads that I have been seeing has really done some good. If people find out about the holiday bundles...

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Around the Network

the higher the 360 sales go the better because then sony will have to cut the price! even if its by $50, that will help massively because the ps3 has high demand. i know eveyrone is gonna say sony said a million times they aint going to cut the price! but when they say something is NOt going to happen, it means the complete opposite.

Groucho said:

In terms of weekly sales in the Americas, the trend is a definate negative one, not positive.  The Wii was positioned to have much more than the 40% marketshare its currently destined for in America, just a couple months back.

I wouldn't be so quick to call the Wii on a downward trend. Take a look at 2007:

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 08th Sep 2007 to 29th Sep 2007:

Console Wii PS3 X360
America
HD console sales: 580,733... Wii marketshare: 45.2%

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 06th Oct 2007 to 27th Oct 2007:

Console Wii PS3 X360
America
HD console sales: 684,225... Wii marketshare: 42.7%

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 03rd Nov 2007 to 24th Nov 2007:

Console Wii PS3 X360
America
HD console sales: 1,119,564... Wii marketshare: 48.3%

This happens to be the Wii's slowest period (relative to the 360, at least - between Halo & price cuts). It'll get tighter as we approach the holidays. Besides, it still has supply issues.

Beware of the flood??

Nintendo is aggressively ramping up shipments of its popular video game consoles to avoid the shortage it faced last December. The company will increase its Wii shipment by 50%  from the same period a year ago for the retail quarter. Nintendo will also bump up shipments of the DS, its popular handheld, by 10%, says Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime.

Still, Nintendo is barely keeping up with demand this year. From January through August, the company sold 4.5 million Wiis in the U.S., a 45% increase from last year for the same period.

http://techland.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2008/10/06/no-slowdown-for-wii-and-ds-says-nintendo-prez/

50% from the same period?? How much is that??

Skeeuk said:
360 price cut effect climbing down now, in next few weeks will be the tell tale for 360

Wow. SONY fanboys just don't stop. If you are talking about Americas ur wrong its actually going up and look Wii sales are falling probably due to the 360.

Around the Network
Groucho said:
appolose said:
Groucho said:
ameratsu said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Anyone think the recession will favor the cheapest console, though?

the PS2?

The PS2 Batman bundle literally flies off the shelves.  I kid you not.

I think you mean "glides"; he's not Superman.

Good point.

More like swings.

this october we can assure xbox360>ps3 worldwide

and i bet november and december will do the same.

everyones getting too excited over the 360, remember it has a bleeding price cut? did everyone forget that already? also ps3 $399 and 360 $199.

what an amazing numbers for 360, FTW!!!!

Hi.

My signature has been updated.

Btw it will be interesting to see how Vgchartz compares to NPD next week. I kinda think that whenever the market is shaken up or conditions change it can throw Vgchartz offline with NPD for about a month while IOI corrects the ratios.

Tease.