By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - McCain's crowds

Id like to know if anyone finds it disturbing when crowds at the McCain rallys start shouting terrorist or kill him about Obama.

Seriously what is wrong with the media, the public, the republicans when words like these can be used freely when they are clearly inciting negative, violent and potentially criminal actions by american citizens.  If Clinton can get called out for alluding to assasination attempts in the primarys why then does McCain seemingly get away with not refutting or condeming these statements.

I am sad for a country that often appears smart, compassionate and clear headed but is too often simplified and sterotyped because of words used by only a few.

Im all for free speech but if someone called for the death of Bush, Clinton or McCain wouldn't that be problem?

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

Link?

Oh, and when Clinton got called out for it, all she did was apologize to the Kennedys.

The problem is the media…

I am sure you could find people at Obama rallies that say outlandish shit. The liberal media won’t report on those.

Just google for it please. If someone is dubbing crowds shouting into these videos i would like to see it.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

95% of the media is liberal so if it looks bad for McCain, I'm sure they will cover it.

The media is also saying that "W" is fair!!!!!!!!!! lol
three weeks before the election is just a coincidence!!! haha

There's nothing to obama and Ayers, but let's fly everyone to Alaska to see if Palin is covering up something. lol

"W" is just a movie...why bring that up?

Didn't that movie spoofing Michael Moore come out this week too? I'd say they cancel each other out.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Of course the media is liberal. Most of the news stations are run by women now (who lean democratic) and no one wants to cover the unpopular policies of the republicans. I live in Maryland, and I hear people say horrible things about McCain every day. Obama is just very easy to hate (while also very easy to like).

I know one of my favorite sites, "The Politico," has reported on this. I think this is a symptom of how desperate the Republican voters are feeling. They are going to lose seats in the House, Senate, and they are (most likely) going to lose the presidential election. I do not condone it, but I can understand their frustration.

One thing to consider is I don't think I have ever seen a single individual who had nearly as many associations with extremists and radicals as Barack Obama who has had a successful political career. Many people will see these associations in blogs and youtube videos, and follow up doing some research and seeing that these articles and videos are factually sound, and start to accept any conclusions that were made.

The reality is that a lot of these outbursts are a direct result of the media not doing its job, not giving people balanced coverage of the election, and therefore giving propagandists hard facts to present to people to convert them to their viewpoint. The most dangerous propaganda is based on unspoken truths ...

HappySqurriel said:

One thing to consider is I don't think I have ever seen a single individual who had nearly as many associations with extremists and radicals as Barack Obama who has had a successful political career. Many people will see these associations in blogs and youtube videos, and follow up doing some research and seeing that these articles and videos are factually sound, and start to accept any conclusions that were made.

The reality is that a lot of these outbursts are a direct result of the media not doing its job, not giving people balanced coverage of the election, and therefore giving propagandists hard facts to present to people to convert them to their viewpoint. The most dangerous propaganda is based on unspoken truths ...

Have you seen how freaking insane a small but visible portion of Christians are in the US?  Those people are as radical or more radical than anyone Obama has associated with.  Palin in particular and McCain to a far lesser degree associate with this people regularly.

1) Reverend Wright is pointed out because = Black

2) William Ayers is pointed out because = accused of (key word here) terrorism not to mention he is in academia.  Republicans hate people in academia on principle.

If you are white and have never been accused of any crimes, it doesn't matter how insane and extreme your beliefs actually are.  It just matters that your extremity is something Americans are used to, even if they shouldn't be.

And just because you are "patriotic" doesn't make you sane.  The Russians have always been patriotic, terrorists are patriotic, hell even Hitler was patriotic.  As Samuel Johnson so tersely put it, "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."

Outside of the whole Reverend Wright thing, sometimes it is patriotic to be unpatriotic.  Why should you stand by everything your country does if it blatantly contradicts what you believe in?  Blaming people for saying things that are "unpatriotic" is like saying that speaking our minds is something reprehensible.

I am sick of a lot of what this country has done in the last eight years, and I am ashamed that my government sometimes acts like a dictator.  A government should be judged by the worst things it does and how easily it justifies its own actions for results.  And sometimes a democracy must fight with one hand behind its back because doing so is the only way to uphold the principles of democracy.  I don't see how we can proselytize democracy abroad without upholding it here. 

Am I unpatriotic for believing that?  If I am, then patriotic is not something I ever want to be.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

akuma587 said:
HappySqurriel said:

Have you seen how freaking insane a small but visible portion of Christians are in the US?  Those people are as radical or more radical than anyone Obama has associated with. 

1) Reverend Wright is pointed out because = Black

2) William Ayers is pointed out because = accused of (key word here) terrorism not to mention he is in academia.  Republicans hate people in academia on principle.

If you are white and have never been accused of any crimes, it doesn't matter how insane and extreme your beliefs actually are.  It just matters that your extremity is something Americans are used to, even if they shouldn't be.

And just because you are "patriotic" doesn't make you sane.  The Russians have always been patriotic, terrorists are patriotic, hell even Hitler was patriotic.  As Samuel Johnson so tersely put it, "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."

Outside of the whole Reverend Wright thing, sometimes it is patriotic to be unpatriotic.  Why should you stand by everything your country does if it blatantly contradicts what you believe in?  Blaming people for saying things that are "unpatriotic" is like saying that speaking our minds is something reprehensible.

I am sick of a lot of what this country has done in the last eight years, and I am ashamed that my government sometimes acts like a dictator.  A government should be judged by the worst things it does and how easily it justifies its own actions for results.  And sometimes a democracy must fight with one hand behind its back because doing so is the only way to uphold the principles of democracy.  I don't see how we can proselytze democracy abroad without upholding it here. 

Am I unpatriotic for believing that?  If I am, then patriotic is not something I ever want to be.

Reverend Wright is pointed out because he was considered Barack Obama's spiritual advisor ... Had John McCain's spiritual advisor been a preacher of a church that advocated racial segregation I'm pretty sure it would be a very big issue.

William Ayers is an unrepentant terrorist who admits to his acts and is currently a free man because the state made moronic mistakes and illegally wire-tapped him.

Edit: Also, I never said any of the relationships were meaningful just that the media not reporting on them in a way which provides balance enables extremists to use this information to convert people to their world view.