By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When will the wii start getting main series instead of spin offs?

Most of the Main Series games for the Wii will be new IPs. Some will succeed, others will fail. Those who take care and build from the ground up for the Wii will have the most success. It is that reason -- the need to build something differently -- that the Wii will get spinoffs and ports of the main series this generation. Next time around though could be very different.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network
Roma said:
What are you talking about ha!! There are a lot of “main series games" on the Wii. Say Hi to (except the Nintendo games of course) NMH, Conduit, Zack and Wiki, Rune factory, ToS mother title, Harvest Moon, Red steel, and a bunch of other games on the way

Yeah but most of them are new IP's in the case of tales even the gamecube got a mother series game :/

Soriku said:
Don't mind tres, he only says things like that so he's surprised later :)

FFCC isn't canceled. IGN confirmed it, a mod on GAF confirmed it (she gets info like this), and another user confirmed FFCC was shown 'too early'.

When did IGN confirm it wasn't cancel? I listen to all their podcast and the last thing I heard is that they didn't know.Link or lie(wow that sound cool :P)

ctk495 said:
Roma said:
What are you talking about ha!! There are a lot of “main series games" on the Wii. Say Hi to (except the Nintendo games of course) NMH, Conduit, Zack and Wiki, Rune factory, ToS mother title, Harvest Moon, Red steel, and a bunch of other games on the way

Yeah but most of them are new IP's in the case of tales even the gamecube got a mother series game :/

spyro and crash are coming yay :D lol

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Well we get a lot of new franchises that just wouldn't work on ps360. They get games from long running franchises where not much has been changed.

No More Heroes would be a boring hack & slash a la DMC4 & Zack & Wiki would not be possible on the those consoles, so i'm not complaining at all & am happy to be a Wii owner.

Around the Network
Roma said:
ctk495 said:
Roma said:

spyro and crash are coming yay :D lol

Well spyro and crash aren't that great.....

trestres said:
FFCC:CB is canceled, can't you people understand that? FFCC:EoT, the DS port, replaced it and it's probably the last game SE releases on the Wii.

If FFCC:CB wasn't cancelled then they would have at least shown something.

Announced in 2006, 2 years later nothing. And the team that was making it made/is making 4 games. So 99% of the possibilities go to a cancelled game, or the game is being moved to another platform.

You also said to people not get excited with Nintendo's Fall Conference.

Guess what, people in internet seemed to really like it.

Lately, you've been acting like a child trying to avoid having your feelings hurt.

Stop overreacting about things you fear, that's getting annoying.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom is the main series of the Capcom VS series, man. That is like the best game ever, too. So the Wii wins.

Garamond said:
Tatsunoko vs Capcom is the main series of the Capcom VS series, man. That is like the best game ever, too. So the Wii wins.

But that's japan only :P

@CTK Import. I don't think its the type of game where you have to read much.