By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When will the wii start getting main series instead of spin offs?

@ ctk, with skate 2 and skate it issue i would say
skate it>>>>>>>>>>skate 2
thanks to balance board.
many spin-offs will actually end up a better games than main title from hd twins if developer will be open minded and use advantages of the wii - skate it is the best example.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
@CTK What is with the "instead of crystal bearers". Nobody said crystal bearers was being replaced by echoes of time.

But then in that case why didn't they give us info about crystal bearers? Instead they show us echoes of time.

waron said:

@ ctk, with skate 2 and skate it issue i would say
skate it>>>>>>>>>>skate 2
thanks to balance board.
many spin-offs will actually end up a better games than main title from hd twins if developer will be open minded and use advantages of the wii - skate it is the best example.

We don't know about that yet since skate it hasn't been release.So far we know that the first skate was a really good game with a 9.0 score.

ctk495 said:
sc94597 said:
@CTK What is with the "instead of crystal bearers". Nobody said crystal bearers was being replaced by echoes of time.

But then in that case why didn't they give us info about crystal bearers? Instead they show us echoes of time.

Because maybe they aren't ready to show crystal bearers? Echoes of Time is most likely judging by the video and screens using the build that they used for Ring of Fate. Meaning it is alot easier to make. Crystal Bearers is a full blown wii game, with most likely a new engine, and the overall game has been changed many times. DOn't you think if the game was cancelled they would tell everybody? I don't think they are just going to pretend they are still developing it.

FFCC:CB is canceled, can't you people understand that? FFCC:EoT, the DS port, replaced it and it's probably the last game SE releases on the Wii.

If FFCC:CB wasn't cancelled then they would have at least shown something.

Announced in 2006, 2 years later nothing. And the team that was making it made/is making 4 games. So 99% of the possibilities go to a cancelled game, or the game is being moved to another platform.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
trestres said:
FFCC:CB is canceled, can't you people understand that? FFCC:EoT, the DS port, replaced it and it's probably the last game SE releases on the Wii.

If FFCC:CB wasn't cancelled then they would have at least shown something.

Announced in 2006, 2 years later nothing. And the team that was making it made/is making 4 games. So 99% of the possibilities go to a cancelled game, or the game is being moved to another platform.

Didn't IGN confirm in a podcast that Crystal Bearers was NOT cancelled fairly recently? I'm pretty sure they aren't showing it because they decided to use Crystal Tools for it, so they had to go back to the drawing board. Maybe that's just me being optimistic though...

There is no announcement that is is cancelled? Can't you understand that?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

ctk495 said:

I forgot skate 2 for the HD consoles and skate it for the wii a spin off.Then if 3rd party for example EA would have change their mind then they would've announce skate 2 for the wii too.But instead there are giving us skate it for both the wii and ds this is similar to what square has done which is to give us echoes of time instead of crystal bearers.

It honestly wouldn't make sense to make Skate 2 for the Wii. Skate used dual control sticks to create a control set-up where you'd flick the sticks certain ways to create tricks and jumps. The flickit system was Skate's foundation and heavily rooted in a dual sticks set-up, and to change it is to change a very big part of what make's Skate what it is. Making a game specfically for the Wii is a much better idea.

Not sure if it's worth mentioning, but the Wii is getting a lot of the "Main" series of SEGA games like Samba De Amigo and Nights. (Debatable how good that news is.) It's also getting both Sonic Unleashed and The Black Knight. So in that case it's getting the main series and the spin-off.

What are you talking about ha!! There are a lot of “main series games" on the Wii. Say Hi to (except the Nintendo games of course) NMH, Conduit, Zack and Wiki, Rune factory, ToS mother title, Harvest Moon, Red steel, and a bunch of other games on the way

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

BrainBoxLtd said:
ctk495 said:

I forgot skate 2 for the HD consoles and skate it for the wii a spin off.Then if 3rd party for example EA would have change their mind then they would've announce skate 2 for the wii too.But instead there are giving us skate it for both the wii and ds this is similar to what square has done which is to give us echoes of time instead of crystal bearers.

It honestly wouldn't make sense to make Skate 2 for the Wii. Skate used dual control sticks to create a control set-up where you'd flick the sticks certain ways to create tricks and jumps. The flickit system was Skate's foundation and heavily rooted in a dual sticks set-up, and to change it is to change a very big part of what make's Skate what it is. Making a game specfically for the Wii is a much better idea.

Not sure if it's worth mentioning, but the Wii is getting a lot of the "Main" series of SEGA games like Samba De Amigo and Nights. (Debatable how good that news is.) It's also getting both Sonic Unleashed and The Black Knight. So in that case it's getting the main series and the spin-off.

Isn't the samba de amigo one a port?Also I've read that the original is better.About sonic well it's sonic....

@Sc

Only time will tell where the is crystal bearers it would have make sense to give us info,since we haven't heard much of the game for awhile also I listen to the ign podcasts every monday and the last thing I heard from them is that they didn't know what happend and that they were also wondering what happen with the game.Also why  announce another FF game  if they haven't tell us anything about bearers wouldn't it make sense to focus on this one rather that announcing another one?